cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Runtime Version Errors

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I need to create KB Objects and Runtime Versions so that VC Master Data can be exported to CRM. I have created KB Object for one product in ECC but while create Runtime Version, I have the below errors. I am not able to figure out what exactly is the cause.

Warning for object characteristic COATING due to cause 2 (-> see long

Warning for object characteristic SCORING due to cause 2 (-> see long

Warning for object characteristic FOLDING due to cause 2 (-> see long

Warning for object characteristic SHRINK_WRAP due to cause 2 (-> see

Warning for object characteristic ZPRICE due to cause 2 (-> see long

Cause:

• 1: Characteristic for variant conditions is not multi-value.
  • 2: There is already another characteristic that refers to the same table field.
  • 3: The modeler did not use the characteristic

What I understand from the Cause 2 is that I have created many characteristics referring to SDCOM and VKOND, but I have to maintain the same as all these are pricing related characteristics. Kindly request you to guide me through this process.

Thanks and Regards

Adithya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Adithya Shekhar,

you need to correct teh dependencies, please go into detail or error and it will give you reson for every error in detail.

i am try to suggest you few, for otehrs you please check your self and if didnt understand , revert back with discription.

1) remove the dependencies attached at characterstic and class level, ex you may have attached a precondition or a procedure at characterstic or characterstic value level , remove it and attached it to configuration profile if required.

2) there may be more thenh one characterstic refering to same table and field name, ex, characterstic you may have created for varient conditions and pricing refering to condition tables.

3) there may be dependency type Action , which need to be converted to procedure and attached at configuration profile level.

Hope it will help you.

Thanks

Ritesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ritesh

1) remove the dependencies attached at characterstic and class level, ex you may have attached a precondition or a procedure at characterstic or characterstic value level , remove it and attached it to configuration profile if required.

2) there may be more thenh one characterstic refering to same table and field name, ex, characterstic you may have created for varient conditions and pricing refering to condition tables.

System is not allowing me to assign preconditions at Configuration Profile. It can be assigned only to the characteristic.

Also, since different characteristics need to be referred to Same Table and Field Names, I cannot change the same.

Kindly suggest.

Regards

Adithya

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Adithya Shekhar ,

System is not allowing me to assign preconditions at Configuration Profile. It can be assigned only to the characteristic.

dependecnies attached to characterstic and classes will not be transfered to KB and thats why i suggested to remove it and assign at configuration profile level, so you need to find a logic for replacing your precondition with procedure such that it can be attached to configuration profile as well as it should work.

Also, since different characteristics need to be referred to Same Table and Field Names, I cannot change the same.

please procide example of what are teh characterstic which are reffiring to same table and field and i can tell you how to combine them.

This restriction are from SAP , so if you want to use KB then you need to correct this data set up as per the instruction you are getting in error diescruption.

Hope it will help you.

Thanks

Ritesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ritesh,

Thanks for your very valuable suggestions. Keeping in mind the errors I was getting while creating runtime version, I created a completely new set of master data - product, class, characteristics, object dependencies. Now, I am able to create a runtime version.

But, for some characteristics, I have created seperate reference pricing characteristics, so in the configurator I will have two reference pricing characteristics which refer to the same SDCOM and VKOND table and field and because of this reason, the system throws an error that there are more than one characteristics which refer to the same table and field. I need to solve this. Can you please guide me in the same.

Thanks and Regards

Adithya

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

why dont you combnine them?

instead of 2 make it only one and write procedures suing this one characterstic.

reply with the detail of this 2 characterstic and , i will try to check and help you with syntex.

Thanks

Ritesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ritesh,

The base price of the product is decided after combining the characteristics Turnaround Time and Color, so I have written a procedure to arrive at the same.

Example;

$SELF.ZPRICE = '4/0TAT1' IF COLOR = '4/0' AND TURNAROUND = 'TAT1'

ZPRICE is the reference pricing characteristic.

Now I have another characteristic 'Rounded Corner' for the same product as add-on.

$SELF.PRICE_RC = 'AR4/0TAT1' IF TURNAROUND = 'TAT1' AND COLOR = '4/0' AND ROUNDEDCORNER = 'All_Round'

PRICE_RC is the reference pricing characteristic for this.

Both these reference characteristics ZPRICE and PRICE_RC are assigned to the same class. Since the variants 4/0TAT1 and AR4/0TAT1 belong to the same product, can we maintain condition record for two variants for the same product.

Thanks and Regards

Adithya

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Adithya Shekhar,

Why dont you use same ZPRICE as the pricing characteristic with multiple value allowed.

you must  already have 4/0TAT1 and AR4/0TAT1 added as values in condition table.

so use multivalue characterstic  ZPRICE in dependency for the add on

$SELF.ZPRICE = 'AR4/0TAT1' IF TURNAROUND = 'TAT1' AND COLOR = '4/0' AND ROUNDEDCORNER = 'All_Round'

Give it a try , i hope it will work and you can combine this two into one.

Thanks

Ritesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ritesh,

So you mean to say I will have two dependencies; one for base price and other for rounded corner and assign these in configuration profile and make the ZPRICE multiple value.

$SELF.ZPRICE = '4/0TAT1' IF COLOR = '4/0' AND TURNAROUND = 'TAT1'

$SELF.ZPRICE = 'AR4/0TAT1' IF TURNAROUND = 'TAT1' AND COLOR = '4/0' AND ROUNDEDCORNER = 'All_Round'

So, will the system give two prices??; one for base price and other for Rounded Corner as ZPRICE is a multiple value characteristic?

Kindly clarify my understanding.

Thanks and Regards

Adithya

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Adithya Shekhar,

if both the conditions are true then you will get same condition with 2 values as the characterstic is multivalue characterstic?

please clarify you want 2 prices or only one?

if only one then what was the purpose of 2nd reference characterstic?

Your original issue was error with run time version , which can be addressed by changing dependencies assignment at configuration profile level.

if you have issue with 2 characterstic pointed towards single table-field , whcih can be addressed by combining the characterstic into one.

what i understand is " round corner is a addition and if user select it , it should have additional price , which you must have maintained for 'All_Round' in condtion table.

Please give it a try in system and it will clear your doubts.

Hope it will help you.

Thanks

Ritesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ritesh,

There are no issues. I also want two separate prices; base price and roundedcorner. I was just clarifying with you. Now if this is working, my runtime version issue will be solved.

Only problem is changing the entire dataset now in the system. It is been uploaded as Single Value and changing means we have to delete the assignments first. I have quite a considerable amount of data in the system. Kindly let me know if I can do mass deletion and upload again.

Regards

Adithya

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Adithya Shekhar ,

Good that your issue is solved.

Please close this thread, mark helpull answers if you are satusfied with replies.

I assume you have recorded LSMW or BDC's for the initial upload, you can ask programmer to use same with changes to delete dependencies or replace PRICE_RC with ZPRICE, not a big deal.

Please let me know if you need further help.

Thanks

Ritesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ritesh,

Two replies have been marked with Helpful Answers.

I shall delete PRICE_RC. Dependencies need not be deleted I believe, since it is required for pricing. ZPRICE will be a multiple value characteristic which will have all the variants for ROUNDEDCORNER and BASEPRICE so once in the configurator factors affecting these two variants are selected, two line items for pricing shall come in conditions because of two dependencies getting triggered.

Now, I have one more doubt with Runtime Version. We have some other characteristics like coating, scoring, folding, etc which are all referred to SDCOM and VKOND as there are separate prices for the same. If I do not give table and field reference, price will not appear in sales order.

Kindly let me know if I can combine these characteristic values also inside ZPRICE. These characteristics might not have any object dependencies as these are all flat prices.

Thanks in advance

Adithya

Thanks and Regards

Adithya

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Adithya Shekhar ,

Thanks aditya for marking replies helpfull.

Now, I have one more doubt with Runtime Version. We have some other characteristics like coating, scoring, folding, etc which are all referred to SDCOM and VKOND as there are separate prices for the same. If I do not give table and field reference, price will not appear in sales order.

Kindly let me know if I can combine these characteristic values also inside ZPRICE. These characteristics might not have any object dependencies as these are all flat prices.

If these are referance characterstics pointed towards same table, you can try to combine them in ZPRICE as it can accomodate many values.

please specify how values for this characterstics are getiing generated if there are no dependencies?

Thanks

Ritesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ritesh

please specify how values for this characterstics are getiing generated if there are no dependencies?

You maybe right, I will work on this and let you know. Maybe I need to include the values of these characteristics in the dependency of ZPRICE or create new dependencies. Kindly let me know if this approach is okay.

I shall close this thread. Thanks for your support.

Regards

Adithya

Answers (0)