Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPCA memory consumption

TomCenens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dears

Can someone tell me how much extended memory is needed in SAP SolMan 7.1 to run a BPCA on an enhancement package or support package stack?

Best regards

Tom

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tom,

Please follow the sizing guide here. it should be under consideration of Solution Documentation (which normally adds all including space for TBOM).

https://websmp109.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700000756332011E.ZIP

if you end up with any performance issue, or any time up issue during analysis, follow the sap notes 1758245,1716642.

Please check.

Thanks,

Jansi

TomCenens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jansi

The problem is, the sizing is very "general" and provides a number of SAPS which represents CPU power + memory.

I cannot find any documentation that is more detailed which discusses the impact of BPCA on the memory usage. I've already implemented those notes but I wonder why SAP doesn't have more detailed figures on the memory usage when using BPCA.

Doing a run that uses parallel processes and merge afterwards is fine but the problem is  that I cannot process a single, large transport request which is part of a enhancement package installation. While I could set the extended memory to 10GB for example, I would like to have a clear view on what the expected memory consumption of BPCA is of such a big package because else I don't know if it's normal behavior either (perhaps the indexes on the database are not of good quality and so on).

I'll check with SAP to see if the product owner or product team has such figures. If they don't exist perhaps I can somehow generate them myself but that will require sufficient testing / execution effort etc which will take time.

Best regards

Tom

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tom,

yes, it is true, There is no where it is explicitely mentioned abt memory impact on BPCA,

But my earlier understanding was, when we look the sizing details for solution documentation, which also includes all the BPCA scenario too.

But for larger transport request concern, it is differs for each and every customer. for example as you said if the customer has the memory settings, parameter tuning, indexes is fine by standard, wont be an issue, this comes as space issue of upgrade rather for BPCA.

please include this also with SAP, get the clear picture .

And do let me know if any thing I could help you out.

Thanks,

Jansi

Thanks,

Jansi

Answers (0)