cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export ship to party

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Business case: Customer (SP) is from hyd and his ship to party (SH) is from US. I would like to know how to map the following requirement.

Commercial invoice will be in INR since SP is from hyd. But how to deal with excise invoice treatment and necessary documents for exports.

Can anybody suggest on this...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

How to maintain export ship-to party for domestic sold-to party?

For you can create ship-to party with ship-to party account group and maintain relevant US address for the same. Then assign the ship-to party in coresponding sold party master.

Well, taxes are calculated on the bases of ship-to party.

In your case, there can be 2 option can be done by.

Option 1. Transport the things after paying all the duties in India. And then claim back the duties paid after submitting relevant export documents. Check Bill Of Export Of Goods Under Claim For Duty Drawback

Option 2.  Take necessary approvals for exporting the goods without paying any duties. Check ARE1

I hope this help you.

Regards, JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply.

I have maintained ship to party with country US..etc with separate account group.My commercial invoice is in INR. My doubt is if i have to export the goods to other country i have to submit all the customs documents.

How i have to show in sap, i cant show this as export sales since sp is from here only. Not as deemed sales too.

But i need to submit documents for exports. Please suggest on configuration part too if possible.

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

See, your invoice is in INR, that is b'coz your doc curr is INR, as in SP master the currency is INR.

Now, that is issue in this scenario, as you need following docs in USD to export and take export related facilities:

To handle this scenario, you might go for additional enhancement at form(output) level. Where you can have logic to have currency changed on the based of ship-to party.

Regards, JP

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is a general logic that where the goods are being shipped and based on this only, we can conclude whether it is a domestic cargo or export shipment.  Having said this, in your case, since the cargo would be exported to US though the SP is a domestic customer, it should be treated as export and all excise formalities will have to be followed.  I would recommend you to check with Business Finance who have to take a call as to how they would like to submit their monthly statutory returns.  Based on this, you can map the scenario in SAP.

G. Lakshmipathi