cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Key mapping value must be unique. You cannot overwrite key mapping values

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am getting this error "Key mapping value must be unique. You cannot overwrite key mapping values" when importing records from ORACLE to MDM.

This error doesn't make any sense because the id sent from ORACLE is not having a key mapping value anywhere in the data manager.

I am wondering what else would cause this issue if it is not a data error? I am requesting BASIS to restart the server but does this really help?

thx

mike

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

Key mapping is remote system specific and master data object type specific, i.e., if you have selected the remote system as "X" in the Import manager and you are Importing records into a table "A" , then in that table their cannot be two records in the table "A" with the same key for the remote system "X".

1. In the Import manager one of your source fields are cloned and mapped to the destination field.

2. The field which is mapped to the remote key might be having duplicates.

3. The fileld which is mapped to the remote key does not have any duplicates but the data that is already present in the Data manager might be having the same key for a record in the Table "A" for the remote system "X"

Check if the Remote key field is mapped in the Import manager:

• If mapped check if you have duplidates in the field that is mapped to remote key.
  • If no duplicates in the field check in the datamanager if the same key is already being used for some other record.

Note: If you are using SP08 you can check  the key mappings next to the record.

Regards,

Prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks Guys. I guess the issue is not find out yet. because the site id is not in there but still the error persists.. I am not sure what to do now.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

Can you please share the Import map details with us?

Also if you are not having any duplicate value in source file, then you can check if already some key is existing in the file:

• In Data Manager, Export all the records of the repository and select Remote System details to be exported along with Primary Key field(customer number/product Number etc) only.
  • So in the out put file, you will see 3 fields: Primary Key, Remote System, Remote Key value.
  • Now you can filter the Excel file and select only that Remote system for which you are trying to import.
  • Then you can select all the Remote Key values to some other sheet in column A.
  • Now select all the values of your source file field which is mapped to [Remote Key] field in Import Map.
  • Paste all these values in column B of the Excel sheet.

• Now you can create a VLOOKUP on these two columns to see if there are any duplicate values in both the columns and then take action accordingly.

I hope this will be helpful to you in finding out the duplicate values causing the issue.

Please let me know the results. Thank you.

Regards,

Ankush

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks All for helping

this is resolved as per the steps suggested by Ankush. sp. thx to Ankush

-mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

I am glad i could help. Thank you.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

I would go with Ankush on this,it gets pretty simple doing that way.

Also,check if your matching fields in the map undergone a change,it can also changes the match results and could cause this error.

The thing is,suppose you wish to syndicate data to target system.Now MDM system exports the right set of data based on remote key/system values to the target.If it has conflicting values it would create an issue while syndicating the data.So to avoid such a scenario such a control is handy.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please check in Data Manager, if any remote key mapping persists for any of the records in MDM.

You may leverage the Update All Mapped Fields or Replace function in Import action.

I guess this should take care of all your key mapping.

Before doing so be cautious that all the key mapping will be lost with replace function

Regards,

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

Can you please check if you have mapped some field of Source file to [Remote Key] field(type of field is Key Mapping) in Destination table?

If yes, then kindly check the values of the source file field and make sure that no two values are same.

Please check and let me know your findings.

Thanks and Regards,

Ankush Bhardwaj