cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

output type vs condition type

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

may i know can i say output type is something similar to condition type?

for billing output type(invoice/credit note/debit note), also have access sequence defined in output type whereas condition type also got.

so can i say output type (form output) and condition type (pricing) are quite similar thing.

thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Output types are used to represent various forms of output in the SAP system. Examples of output types in Sales and Distribution processing are order confirmations, freight lists, and invoices. You use the output type to control how the output should be transmitted, for example whether an order confirmation should be sent via EDI, or be printed.

A condition type is a representation in the system of some aspect of your daily pricing activities. For example, you can define a different condition type for each kind of price elements that occurs in your business transactions.

Price elements can be -

1. Prices

2. Discounts

3. Taxes and surcharges

4. Freight

The above conditions need to be maintained either in terms of value or percentage basis.
Price elements are stored in the system as condition records.

Regrads

Ajaya Mishra

Message was edited by: G Lakshmipathi

Please go through the Forum rules before posting.  Copy pasting from other source is strictly not allowed.  You have copy pasted from here

Output Type (SD) (SAP Library - Catalog and Order Management for Business-on-Behalf)

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Output Type :Out Put determination procedure has a integration with technical module, as ABAPer’s has to write SMART forms and FORMS to print the output , that SMART form output can be send to relevant partner function through relevant transmission mediums.

Condition Type : we don't want Technical Guy to maintain the Condition Record with Partner Functions (If you required ,you can maintain Condition Record with Partner Functions) but in output type definitely , we want Partner functions with Routines.

Side Comment 1 : Way of Procedure is similar like access Sequence,record and Procedure but in this also functionality different/total entities diffrent.

2. Manually ,we can maintain record in VA01 but you can't manually maintain record in Output Procedure.s ,in this case ,you cant compare both .

If you have any doubts please let me know.

Thanks,

Naren

Message was edited by: G Lakshmipathi

Despite earlier warning, you keep on copy pasting from other source.  Your explanation on Output type has been copy pasted from here

Output Types | SCN

If you continue to deviate the forum rules, I will have no other option but to recommend your user id for deletion.  Also AVOID posting in bold letters

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, expect for the functionality it is intended to, the method of working can be same.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

so meaning if the access sequence cannot meet, condition type also cannot be executed. correct?

for output type, if the access sequence no record maintained, then the output type will be not generated. so i believe condition type also the same.

need your kind advice.

thanks

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

so meaning if the access sequence cannot meet, condition type also cannot be executed. correct?

Not correct, for example the header pricing conditions do not need access sequence. For example, freight condition type.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

ok. i mean generally.

if the access sequence no record can meet, then output type cannot be generated.

so i believe condition type also the same.

need your kind advice.

thanks

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

ok. i mean generally.

If you are not specific, then output is exchanging message between entities. It is not mandatory to have access sequence for passing information. For example, RFC, BAPI, ALE.

Regards,

suman_sardar2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srina,

What you are talking about is known in SAP as Condition Technique.

There are so many areas this is been used.You can say if you learn this Technique very well you can easily configure any SD Functional config which depends on this technique.

For ex,

Pricing,Output,Material Listing/Exclusion,Product proposal etc.

Try to explore the Condition Technique in SAP in Google then you will have a clear idea.

Thanks,

Suman

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

any advice of these 2?

thanks