cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating Planning-Book or Data-View for a specific role?!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi APO-DP-Professionals!

when do i decide whether to take a Planning-book than taking a Data-View for a specific role (user or departments)?!

Does it rely to the number of User (a lot of users = more Data views). Does it rely to specific authorization-assignments...layouts.. maybe time-periods?! Can it be nonrelevant?

Propably there is no general answer existing, but what should i answer when the client will confront me with this question?!

Thank You in advance.

Holger

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rajkj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Holger,

Your business requirements and processes will control the design and number of planning books and data views. The following factors decides the data view design -

• Business functions (influenced by role or main functionality e.g. promotion management)
  • Technical and logical constraints (for instance data locking issues when same data shared/accessed between the data views)
  • Ease of maintenance

You can control the user assignments and security based on

• Planning book
  • Planning book + data view
  • Selection id
  • Authorization objects

1. You may use basic tools like RACI chart to decide the relationship between role (or user), data view, and selection id (master data).

• Since not all users are required to have create or change access, you can further control the access levels by appropriate authorization objects and their values.
  • Typically, data view design is influenced by the business function e.g. proportional factors maintenance (it might be automatic based on the sales history or manual based on some logic and only authorized role is allowed to carry out this function).

2. Typically, number of users will not influence the number of data views.

Thanks,

Rajesh

Answers (0)