Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Communication Channel scheduling for every 5 min

former_member200386
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I need To Schedule My JDBC Sender channel needs to run for every 5 minutes. once the channel is picking the data it needs to be stop and again starts poing after 5 min. i checked the avaliabilty times in the CC monitoring. i don't find the minutes & hours option.

plrease guide me

Regards,

pavan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member208404
Participant
0 Kudos

hi Pavan,

If i understand your requirement, we can implement this

Include a "Flag" column in your oracle table and ask the database team to set the value to "not pulled".

Schedule your channel polling interval to 600 sec.

Include the "Flag" condition equals "not pulled" along with your 200 records in your select query.

In the Update query set the "Flag" values to "pulled".

This will insure that every time your channel will run every 10 mins and pulls only 200 records ignoring the 200 already pulled in the previous run.

Thanks

Abhishek

former_member200386
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Avinash & Basksr ,

I mentioned poll interval as 600 secs as per my requirement. now the channel is picking 200 records(as per my query) and waiting for 10  mins to process the next 200 records.Thanks alot guys supporting me

Regards,

Pavan

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

baskar_ramasamy
Participant
0 Kudos

channel will not be stopped, it will wait for 10 mins to do another transaction,if you keep 600 as poll interval, the channel will process 200 records and will wait for 600 sec / 10 mins to process another 200 records.

baskar_ramasamy
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

As Abhishek said , it would solve your problem, in your query select top 200 records with not pulled status and update top 200 records as pulled status.

regards,

baskar

former_member200386
Active Participant
0 Kudos

HI Avinash, Baskar

This Is My select query

SELECT ORDER_NO, ORDER_STRING, EMP_ID, SDEPOT_CODE, SDIVI_CODE, SORGA_CODE, COMPANY_CODE FROM (SELECT ORDER_NO, EMP_ID, ORDER_STRING, SDEPOT_CODE, SDIVI_CODE, SORGA_CODE, COMPANY_CODE, ORDER_COUNT, ORDER_STATUS FROM SAP_ORDER_SERVER WHERE ORDER_STATUS IN ('N','F') AND ORDER_COUNT<=2 ORDER BY ORDER_NO) WHERE ROWNUM <=200

&

UPDATE Query

UPDATE SAP_ORDER_SERVER SET ORDER_STATUS='P', ORDER_COUNT=NVL(ORDER_COUNT,0)+1 WHERE ORDER_STATUS IN ('N','F') AND ORDER_NO IN (SELECT ORDER_NO FROM ( SELECT * FROM SAP_ORDER_SERVER WHERE ORDER_STATUS IN ('N','F') AND ORDER_COUNT<=2 ORDER BY ORDER_NO) WHERE ORDER_COUNT<=2 AND ROWNUM <=3)

Initially the select query will pick the 200 records with  ORDER_STATUS IN ('N','F').  then update query will set the flag to P.

the query is working fine.

i mentioned poll interval as 60 secs . if i mentioned 600 sec poll interval. was my cahnnel will pick 200 records & stop for 10 mins and again  process 200 records & stop so on na?

because in the table daily around 30000 sales orders records will come. status of all records will be N,F by defalult.  we need to pick only 200 records for very 10 mins(i.e in a single call 200 only & stop)

Please Guide me. Thanks in advanse

Pavan

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

- sender JDBC channel

- "Processing" tab

- field - "poll inverval" - put 300 seconds and you're done

is that what you needed ?

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

former_member200386
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

I'll explain about my requirement in breif. i have one scenario from Orcale we will pick 200 sales orders(i maintained in my query) in each record.  then it has to be stop. after 10 mins it needs to start and pick the next 200 saleorders. for that i need to schedule my channel to run for every 10 mins.please help me.

Regards,

Pavan

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

as I said - poll interval

but if 400 will be available on the first call they will all be picked

(but this you can control with a trigger) - PI works with poll intervals,

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

former_member200386
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Can't I achieve MY Requirement Without Trigger from ORACLE  end.  I.e  MY comm channels need to Pick 200 records and needs to stops for 10 Mins & agian pic another 200 records.

(this 200 records picking is part of MY SQL Query). please suggest me

Regards,

Pavan

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>>channels need to Pick 200 records and needs to stops for 10 Mins & agian pic another 200 records.

an idea - change the status of records in the your table to for "to be pulled" every 10 mins

and PI will only pull those that have the changed status (so every 10 mins change the status of a 200 records)

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

former_member200386
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Micheal,

lets say we set the change the status of records in the your table to for "to be pulled" every 10 mins.

how can i control IT from PI comm channel end. You mean set polling interval will be 6000 secs?

Regards,

Pavan

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

in PI end you can set the internal to 1 sec as the DB will take care of the preparing data to be pulled every 10 mins

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk