cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modifications in standard Web dynpro screen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All ,

This is regarding modifications in standard  Web dynpro screen.

I have a requirement where in i have to change the sequence of two fields in a standard web dynpro screen.

Example :    in standard layout the fields are displayed as

Label 1 : Field 1

Label 2 : Field 2

in my requirement it should be displayed as

Label 2 : Field 2            

Label 1 : Field 1

Can Some one please let me know , is it possible to do it by enhancement . or is there any other way ?.

Thanks,

Gejo john

I

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gejo,

Try creating an enhancement for the corresponding web dynpro component of the screen and then change the position of the field in the layout.

There is no config available to change the sequencing of standard fields but only to control their display properties.

HTH.

Please reward points if helpful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Deepti,

For your information , in web dynpro enhancement  you are not  allowed to move your standard UI elements (i.e up/down options are disabled ).

Problem Solved : by removing  the standard UI elements from the screen and inserting the similar custom field with the similar attributes .

Thanks,

Gejo john

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the update Gejo and confirming that the standard fields cannot be moved up and down.I knew it can be done with custom fields.Liked the idea of removing the standard field and replicating with custom due to this restriction with the WD.I hope you have used the exact same attributes for the custom field so that there are no issues with the standard code.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Deepti,

Yes you are correct used the same attributes for the newly created fields (which are the copy of standard UI elements ).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Removing standard UI elements & adding with same name?? how is possible with enhancement implementation?

For me, I can able to remove the UI element but it is still UI hierarchy. So it is not allowing me to do add with same name.

Thanks,

Suresh

nishantbansal91
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gejo,

For this first take element object using view object in  Modify view,

Then delete that element and create the same element add the element in the View component.

Regards,

Nishant

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

RicardoRomero_1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think is not possible to move a standard field by enhancement... al least in the layout. I don't know if you can do it by code.

What you can try is go to SPRO to;

SAP Supplier Relationship Management -> SRM Server -> Cross-Application Basic Settings -> Extensions and Field Control (Personalization) -> Configure Generic Field Display on User Interface

Try to add the standard fields there and change the field Sequence. although I don't know if will work...

Regards,