cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to delete wrong directory parameter in AL11

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good afternoon,

In AL11 I have three directory parameters that are wrong it is the DIR_TRSUB, DIRTR_FILES and DIR_TRANS.

The problem is that I can not delete this parameters. I got the following message when I open them:

Wrong order of calls <- CALL opendir(,,..)

Normally after a systemcopy this is also a problem but then we change the parameters by clicking the button "Manage user directories" and click the recycle bin. After that we fil in de new logfile - save and then DIR_TRANS is pointing to the right environment.

When I try to do this the old DIR_TRANS will not go away I can 't delete it so I have two DIT_TRANS.

The cause is probably a wrong adres in the hostfile during systemcopy someone filled in the servername missing one letter and the DIR_TRANS is now pointing to \\server\sapmnt\trans (local server) I want to change it in.

\\server1\sapmnt\trans

The first servername does not exist

Kind regards,

Leo Harmsen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can change the value in RZ10 open instance profile. change or create it and reboot instance.

Regards

Gajanand Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

A little addition to the call.

I found out that in STMS in the transport tool tab the option TRANSDIR is wrong I can change this and the setting is saved but on saving I got the message that the system is having problems saving th TP_DOMAIN....PFL and this path is still pointing to the wrong servername. In STMS - system the servername is OK now.

Restarted SAP and the systemcopy and it worked.

Maydbe I was a bit to early posting it here. Solved my own question

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is good that issue has been solved. Additionally you can check USER_DIR table to Add/delete AL11 entries.