cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interactive planning

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

1. Is it possible to run forecast via  interactive planning for "ALL" CVCs for a given aggregation level?

For example, we forecast at market segment and product type and we have 2 market segments and 3 product types.

When I load all of these and define header drill down as market segments and product types, and run forecast, it is still run at the market segment level and then getting dis-aggregated at the product type level.

Or, I must select one product type at a time?

2. What's the functional difference between header and shuffler drill downs - do they enable different capabilities?

3. What system/process based mechanism is recommended to only copy the final forecast results to BW once it has been approved by forecast owner ?

Does he/she kick off the extraction process or it is time-bound process in which how exceptions to the deadline are to be handled?

Your urgent reply will be appreciated.

John

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

some answers below:

1. In interactive planning, you do one CVC at a time (of course in a background job you can do all at the same time), so you must select each time what do you want to forecast.

2. I am not sure to follow: object selection with the shuffler (left hand side) is what you select directly from live cache, while drill-down using the header will somehow allow you to "modify" what you see, hence simulating a different original selection. If you chose to visualize the selection contents by a characteristic (using "Show" in the selection) and then double-click, you will get from livecache only this subset of the data. The main difference is performance (and sometimes the header drill-down will not give expected results when combining forecast and lifecycle planning).

3. We normally do an automatic backup of important data and a user event-driven backup of the approved forecast result (customized report based on FM BP_EVENT_RAISE, that launches a process chain). We use standard BW extraction from planning area data (create an extractor from /SAPAPO/MSDP_ADMIN)

thanks,

J.

Former Member
0 Kudos

James,

Thanks for your awesome and timely response.

2. I first need to try what you have said and I will get back to you later.

3. Your answer is very helpful. If you  can elaborate a little more on the parameters, main logic of the customized report that will be a great help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

you will find all the information needed in post http://scn.sap.com/message/13581932?tstart=0, simplest thing to do is to launch a process chain (RSPC) from a custom report that the user can launch on his own when the forecast is accepted, ie. a standalone version of z_c_macro_function_run_process_chain, using the name of the processchain as a hardcoded parameter. You would only need the call to the RSPC_API_CHAIN_START function.

The process is straighforward: encapsulate all BW steps in the RSPC process chain (transfer of livecache data to BW such as a cube) and let the user start the process by means of the ABAP report. The post I am referring you to explains how to write an ABAP function to be called from withing a macro to start the process from the interactive planning session in SDP94. The code is almost the same, in this case, you have to manage in addition the interface between the standard macro and the function.

It is also explained here http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-12258 (you would only need something like the ABAP code at the end)

regards,

J.

Former Member
0 Kudos

James:

Thank you very much for your time over the weekend.

Full points are awarded.

Answers (0)