cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BW 7.3 Data load taking long time

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am loading data from standard DSO to Cube the load is taking long time there is no start or end routine. In the DTP monitor I see Its taking more time in the step extracting data from dso to cube.

In SM50 I see this statement CL_SQL_STATEMENT==============CP is running for more than one hour, this is happening all of sudden. Last month I loaded the same cube it took regular time for loading 1 million record now its taking more time and its hanging on extraction step.

What could be the issue? How to solve this? Looks like issue with database.

Thanks,

Anand.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arvind,

You can use Semantic Grouping in DTP selections. You can use Key fileds of your DSO as a semantic keys. Also yes, increasing Parallel processes also helps to improve performance.

If still you didn't see any performance gain, just check the job in SM66. If it was hitting NRIV's, you can do Number Range Buffering for that cube. Technically that will helps you to increase perfromance while writing to Infocube-

Regards,

Pavan

prakashsingh14
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi

Check if you can change the processing mode in DTP to "Parallel extraction and processing". Increase the number of background process in batch process.

Thanks

former_member586947
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arvind,

Have you deleted the indexes before data loading to Cube?

Try to reduce the no of records per data package in DTP.

Compress the cube( Keep less uncompressed requests in the cube)

Try above...

Regards,

Satya.K

former_member183334
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Arvind,

check the table space using following steps.

1) DB02-->table space-->overview-->free space statistics.

contact Basis team with this observe.

Rgards,

Sathya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arvind,

Have you resolved this issue? I am also facing the same type of issue. Please share the solutions to resolve it.

Regards,

Saranya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arvind,

Please try to activate the transformation and DTP again and load.

Also let me know whether you are doing indexing on infocube.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Done that. Makes no diff.

Trying program RSDG_RSTMPLIR_GEN_ALL now. (long shot, don't think it'll help)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did this ever get sorted out? I'm experiencing the same issue where a DTP 'hangs' after the Start of Extraction step. A few thousand records, SM50 shows activity with CL_SQL_STATEMENT==============CP, but in fact it's not doing anything anymore. No dump, an active jobs that runs indefinitely.

Help appreciated.

cheers,

Eduard

HuseyinBilgen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Depending on your OS and DB plase check if your archive logs or transaction logs are full or not? Also check the CPU processes running on DB server.