Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unix error & DB warning

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

I'm facing 2 issues since few days.

1. After the planned Activity in the Calendar "CheckDB" is finished, it's showing a warning and when i look at the log i find the attached. So please let me know what should be done regarding this warning and how it can be cleared.

2. Usually after taking the daily backup we are moving the backup file to tapes through unix server. when the moving is finished, it's showing the following error:

this happened only after we had to restart the Unix server in order that some changes  in the system to take effect. So any idea what should be done regarding it?

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Doghman,

Please find the answers for the first question;

>> BR0976W Database message alert - level: WARNING, line: 5515110, time: 2012-10-15 00.07.33, message:

Checkpoint not complete

You need to increase online redolog size or add a new group.

>> BR0970W Database administration alert - level: WARNING, type: CRITICAL_TABLESPACE, object: PSAPSR3, value: (max_extn of 5 files on disk 3407884) 37928960 KB (> 34334328 KB)

>> BR0970W Database administration alert - level: WARNING, type: CRITICAL_TABLESPACE, object: PSAPSR3700, value: (max_extn of 4 files on disk 3407883) 30330880 KB (> 28435996 KB)

You need to increase datafile size or add new datafile to PSAPSR3 and PSAPSR3700 tablespaces.

The image is not visible for the second question. If you reload it, I can to help you

Best regards,

Orkun Gedik

johannes_heinrich
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Moved to SAP on Oracle

paul_power
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Linda,

It appears you are using Oracle DB and I see many I/O and then a block corruption message in the logs.

Was the server down as planned or did the server crash unexopectedly?

If the hardware get new corruptions such frequent, please also contact
the hardware vendor to check the hardware.

Anyway, please go forward the same way as before, do a consistency
check (note 23345), figure out corrupt blocks (note 365481) and finally
recreate a index or restore/recovery the table from a clean backup.

365481 - Block corruptions
23345  - Consistency check of ORACLE database

Regards,

Paul

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Moved from SAP ERP Sales and Distribution (SAP SD) to SAP on DB2 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows

G. Lakshmipathi