cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Deploy Business Objects 4.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Evening All:

I am attempting to upgrade our business objects environment from service pack 2 patch 9 to service pack 4(fp3). So far, I have successfully upgraded our two clustered nodes by verifying their CMS.EXE. I just finished updating the web app server to service pack 4. I believe the last step is to run Web Deploy which is new to me.

I have been using the following resources to try and assist me with this process:

http://bobj.sapbiblog.com/2012/02/15/how-to-determine-your-patch-and-service-pack-in-boe-4-0/

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/BOBJ/BI+4.0+SP04+Update+-+Best+practices%2C+Known+Issues+and+Po...

http://155.56.92.22/wiki/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=235801055

http://155.56.92.22/wiki/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=235801055

The Web Application Deployment Guide for Windows 4.0 SP 4 unfortunately doesn't show any screen-shots or walk-throughs.

Environment:

server node 1 running SP4, windows server 2008 r2, 64bit

server node 2 running SP4, windows server 2008 r2, 64bit

server web app running SP4, windows server 2008 r2, 64bit

I'll attach a screen-shot to show where I am currently at within this process.

Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Carter,

Before running the Wdeploy application, could you try to login to CMC/ Bi launchpad and check if everything works fine or not.

Ideally, the Wdeply application should not be required, if you have simply upgraded the BO version to a higher patch.

Regards,

Ankit

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have already ran webdeploy on all three servers which I don't know if that was correct. I was underneath the impression after you upgrade both server nodes and web-app server you are required to redeploy the web-apps on the web-app server?

I installed ENTERPRISE04_0-20007504.EXE (which is underneath SBOP BI PLATFORM (ENTERPRISE) > SBOP BI PLATFORM 4.0 > SBOP BI PLATFORM SERVERS 4.0) on all three servers.

file name is ENTERPRISE04_0-20007504.EXE

Today, I came across a resource saying that I was supposed to install a web-app custom install of the software. I am now uninstalling that software off of ONLY the web-app server. I am having a hard time coming across a resource on the custom web-app software install.

denis_konovalov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

On your web app server (server web app running SP4, windows server 2008 r2, 64bit), after you run the SP4 update, go to C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\wdeploy\conf

Edit config.tomcat6 file (if Tomcat 6 is your Java App server), and make sure as_dir= points to the correct location of the tomcat
for example :as_dir=C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\\Tomcat6

and that as_service_name lists correct Tomcat service name.

like : as_service_name=BOEXI40Tomcat

Then you can run wdeploy gui or command line

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here is what the file says after the install of SP 4.0

##

## Business Objects Configuration Utility

##

# as_dir: the installation directory of the application server

#as_dir=/home/qaunix/Tomcat6018

as_dir=D:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\\Tomcat6

# as_instance: the application server instance to deploy to (represents the name of a folder in the conf/Catalina directory)

as_instance=localhost

#on windows, if tomcat is installed as a service, specify

#service name to modify service startup parameters too

as_service_name=BOEXI40Tomcat

#on windows, when tomcat is installed as a service, the name of the key where the java startup parameters are stored

# (there is generally no need to touch this)

as_service_key=HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Apache Software Foundation\Procrun 2.0\${as_service_name}\Parameters\Java

# as_service_key_value: name of the String value where the java startup parameters are stored, in the key pointed to by as_service_key

# (there is generally no need to touch this)

as_service_key_value=Options

looks right to what you said. I use the webdeploy GUI. I don't know any of the command lines (syntax).

denis_konovalov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can see the syntax in the Web Applications Deployment guide.

So when you run Wdeploy GUI - what do you get ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I get no errors when I run the GUI, however, I can't access the "Document" tab on BI Launchpad, can't access "Servers" through CMC and I have the following errors on my 2nd clustered node:

Former Member
0 Kudos

I also get this cmd box when I start webdeploy looks like the command line option is not configured properly?

denis_konovalov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

this indicates either a problem with Sp4 install, or resource/sizing issue.

You should create a support incident with SAP to properly investigate this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

already did that. Thanks for your help

Former Member
0 Kudos

worst case scenario, I could always uninstall SP4 on all three machines and start over again?

Answers (0)