cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CATA daily job run - posting dates

0 Kudos

Hello colleagues,

I once had a variant in CATA which was set up to run twice daily (lunchtime and midnight) and it would post any CAT2 entry related costs on the day of the run.

If you looked at the variant set-up initially the posting date and cancellation date was set to the current day.

However with this variant I could let it run twice daily in the background and although the initial date in the 'posting data' and 'cancellation date' fields was a fixed value initially e.g. 12.01.2012 when the variant ran the program the next day it would pick up the current date that it was running and use this date.

The value of this is of course that a new CATA run is not 'pushed' every day but the background job runs twice daily updating the posting dates automatically to the current date.

For reasons unknown this functionality has stopped and now if I set up a variant to run daily in CATA with a posting date of 12.01.2012 then CATA will always try and post everything released into posting date 12.01.2012

I have been advised that leaving the dates in CATA blank will ensure that the posting date is always the date of the original CAT2 entry, but that is not what I want, as the functionality I need is that if time was not entered in a previous month then a person did then enter their timesheet then the time would be posted into the current month.

With the dates left blank in CATA it tries to post into the previous month and then of course I get an error which is that the previous month is financially closed.

Does anyone know how to create this variant or if it is indeed a config issue - where I can set up a daily CATA job where when I run it in the background as a periodic job it will update the posting date to the date that the CATA job runs.

Thank you in advance

Mark

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rather than creating job for CATA, I would suggest you to create first one custom program which calls the transaction  CATA and input the field according to the day.

Run this new custom transaction in background which will have small intelligence to pick up the posting and cancellation date based on the date on which program is running.

I think there is no customization setting for doing this.

Regards,

Mahendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

My suggestion to you would be to post this in the HR forum to get an appropriate response.

Best Regards,

Gokul

MohanDesai
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Gokul is right. You can discuss with your Basis guy also along with HR guy.

Regards,

MRD