cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finding SAP install tool Oracle 11g for TADM70_04 - SAP OS/DB migration course

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I am having trouble finding a document or link that will show me where to download the installation media needed for the OS Migration from the TADM70_04 - SAP OS/DB migration course.  I am looking for the installation software for Linux on Oracle 11g.

I am having a ton of problem finding it.  I used the path below to get where I would think it would be, but all I see is 10.2 for Oracle.  I have no idea how to get 11 g.  I was told I could export out of our current Oracle of 10g and simply import into 11g, but I am guessing that during the DB installation process that the 11g software would need to be there.  I thought the path below would have a 11g option, so I am confused.

Step 01) https://websmp209.sap-ag.de/swdc

Step 02) Software Downloads

Step 03) SAP Software Download Center

Step 04) Installations and Upgrades

Step 05) Browse our Download Catalog

Step 06) SAP NetWeaver and complementary products

Step 07) SAP NetWeaver

Step 08) SAP EHP2 FOR SAP NETWEAVER 7.0

Step 09) Installation

Step 10) Linux

Step 11) ORACLE Database

Step 12) ?????

Any help here would be appreciated.

1. Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

HuseyinBilgen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

service.sap.com/swdc > Installation and Upgrades > Browse our download catalog > SAP Application Components > SAP ERP> SAP ERP ENHANCE PACKAGE> EHP6 FOR SAP ERP 6.0> SAP EHP3 FOR SAP NETWEAVER 7.0

you'll the Oracle 11 RDBMS DVD's.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the response.  I am guessing that I would use the path you provided to download the 11 g RDMS.  Then I would need to place the files on the appropriate directory so that the SAP installation tool SAPinst can use that RDMS to create the 11g database on the target system. 

Is my assumption correct, and if so how do I make the SAPinst aware of the DB RDMS files to use?

Thanks so much

HuseyinBilgen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, SAPINST only installs the DB2, MAxDB and Sybase ASE RDBMS's. Oracle and SQL Server still requires manual installation. But they're easy as SAP created an installation script within RDBMS DVD's. Check the installation guide to learn how to install RDBMS and when.

br

Former Member
0 Kudos

Wow, they didn't mention that in class.  I guess the relationship between SAP and Oracle is more strained then I thought.

So, when that step appears o SAPinst to instal DB, is there a option to skip it ?  Do I need to introduce some error before that step so I can install the DB?

Thanks

HuseyinBilgen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

don't worry, when you show the locations for the RDBMS DVDs (depending on the os, there may be several DVDs) at the beginnig of the SAPINST, it will extract it into /oracle/stage and will stop to let you install the Oracle so it will continue after you confirm that you installed it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are too good!  Thanks.  I think that answers my question.  Was the path I original posted the correct locationto download the installation sofware for a 7.02 netweaver release?  Thanks

HuseyinBilgen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For installation, the path you gave in your orig post is correct. Please mark your question as answered to close it

Answers (0)