cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find adapters

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to know, if there is any way what are the adapters used and for which scenarios without manually  doing it?

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just few cents. I Know there is no easy way to find out for all the 1000 interfaces. Please check the configuration scenario objects of all the 1000 interfaces and export to some spreadsheet and see if that helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhasker,

I problem is that all are not done in Configurattion scenarios, some of then in Direct connection and some in Integration configurations.

So, Seems to be a big task for me.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I got the answer.....

You can find the adapters used in the communication channel monitoring. From there I can get the communication channel, search in the ID. With that I would be able to get the adapter details and the scenario.

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There are many adapters and used for to connect different systems, first you have to undestand about all adapters . then only you can take a decision.

what exactly you looking for?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

My problem is moved to a new project, where there is no documentation for the developments.

Here, they have implemented many third party adapters, now I would like to know the adapters used. I cannot check the third party list of adapters in the adapter engine or in integration engine.

Is there anyway to identify the adapters(std as well as third party) used ?

Please help me......

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

well this is simple, get access to PI system and open Integration directory .

There you can check used adapters under bussiness components/bussiness systems. if third party adapters were used then definetly you will have a documentation .

If it is support project then check in TS documentats where it might have complate description baout configurtaion.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raja, there is no documentation for this project.

Initial development is done, this is a kind of implementation and support for me. There are almost more than 1000 interfaces, so if I would do so then will be a big pain.

If there is any better way to identify the scenarios and find the adapters used in it. Generally, as far as I know we cannot view the third party adapters in RWB.

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I hope u have access to PI development/sand box system, just open integration directory and see what are the adapters were used.

it is really stragent there is no docuemntation in current project,may be u were wrong  check with cleint one more time.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have checked with the client, even I feel that's very strange. Apart from that, If they have any issues, they are providing me the name of the ABAP program(outbound program) to fix the issue.

Now, when I try to check with the SI, I am not able to find in ESR. So, manually I checked for the interface determination and have to find the SWC and the object under that. This is really paining me because there are so many scenarios.

That's the reason, I asked is there any easy way of doing it without user intervention.

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is no transition involved? really suprise   exprot all obejcts to excel sheet and just analyse.. 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Raja,

Please let me know the steps how could I export the objects into excel sheet.?

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rao,

Open ID and check business componet /business systerm->Communication channels--->right click -->where used list, it gives more information .

instead of finding short cuts undestand entire landscape,eventually you have to understand all interfaces.

regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

>> Open ID and check business componet /business system->Communication channels--->right click --where used list, it gives more information .

Yes, but that only says about the Communication channels where used list.

>> instead of finding short cuts understand entire landscape,eventually you have to understand all interfaces.

Yes. I agree with you.

But, just like to know if there is any other way?