Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to calculate net price based on customized formula

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi  all expert,

I have a requirement in a rental process:

The price of a rental is defined as daily rate (e.g. 100/day) and monthly rate (e.g. 2500/month).

when I create a rental contract, I'd like SAP to calculate net price based on contract duration with both rate and use the lower one.

e.g. rental 5 days. use daily rate = 500; monthly rate = 2500; So use 500.

e.g. rental >=26 days. use daily rate >= 2600; monthly rate = 2500; So use monthly rate 2500.

I was think to use price condition scales to set:

1 - 25 days: 100/day

>=26 days: 2500/month

But the problem is there are 30day a month and 31 days a month. When the contract has to calculate partial month, daily rate has to be calculated as monthly rate/actual days in the month.

How to handle it?

Thank you in advance!    

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We decided to create ABAP procedure to do the calculation, together to solve some other billing issues.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There might be more than one method to resolve the requirement.

You can develop a routine in t.code VOFM and add it in the column  AltCTy. The logic in the routine can be if the netvalue exceeds 2500, then the net value should be 2500.

The second option is you can try with using standard. In VK12, after maintaining the pricing as 100/day, go to details. Then in upper limit add value as 2500. Then create a test sales order for 25 days and more than 25 days, then check the values. I think this can help with your scenario.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shiva,

thank you for your advice.

I think I can try these two options

But the other problem is the rental quantity is always 1 for each item. The net value is to be calculated by the rate X days of the contract validity. How can system automatically calculate the net value in my case?

Thank you!