SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to update BUT0ID and ETTIFN tables

sapRSH
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi, I am new to SAP ABAP and this my first post on SCN.

I have requirement where we want to update the VALID_DATE_TO field of BUT0ID table and BIS field of ETTIFN table, according to what the user provides as the new value.

I think we cannot update these 2 tables as these are standard tables. So I require an FM/BAPI to update these fields. On searching I found following FMs to be available:

BAPI_IDENTIFICATION_CHANGE (for but0id table)

ISU_DB_ETTIFN_UPDATE (for ettifn table)

But I am not sure how to use them to update the valid_date_to field and bis fields of respective tables.

Can somebody please provide a sample code for using these FMs.

Thanks in Advance,

RavS

1 REPLY 1

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

I suppose you have a triggering, like a particular business process, say Change Installation (T.code-ES31) for updating the field BIS in the table ETTIFN.

So, you can find the user exit\event in relation to the t.code and can develop a program\FM which will call the standard FM and update the tables.

However, if its a one-time activity to update these fields, you can develop a custom program which on exeuction would call these FM's and will update the respective fields and tables.

Hope it helps...

Thanks,

Amlan