cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does SAP PLM 7.02 WebUI provide ability to attach Routing objects to the Engineering Record? If not, is there a work around for attaching routing objects?

Former Member
0 Kudos

My team is facing following challenge: The requirement is to attach the Routing object to the Engineering Record (ER) within PLM 7.02 WebUI. It is hard to find the way to do this. Is there a simple work around for attaching routing objects to the ER?

If we cannot figure out a way to attach routing object, we might need to switch back to PLM with ECC 6 EHP4 (ECR/ECO process), and we would loose all the new functionality offered by the PLM 7.02 WebUI. Would the ability to attach routing objects to the ER be included in next upgrade to PLM 7.02?

Any thoughts and suggestions are welcome.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ulf_petzel
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you should be able to customize your own engineering record type that also includes routings as item type.

See also here:

Regards, Ulf.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ulf,

Thank you for providing me a direction on this.

I could create engineering record type ZERD (copied from ECRD) using 'Makes Settings for Engineering Records' IMG step. After creating this type, I am not able to assign the routing object type, as it does not show up in the list.

Please see the screen shot below.

If I try to add a new entry in 'object types' list above, I cannot. I get following error:

I get similar errors for objects PLM_RTGSEQ, PLM_RTGHDR, and PLM_TSKLST.

Does the item profile ID in the ZERD creation screen (pasted below) restrict me from using above objects?

Any details about how to attach a routing object to the ER would be greatly appreciated.

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have the same question being asked by multiple customers. We need to have a way to be able to add routings to the Engineering Record. The only way to do this currently is to use custom development.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

Currently, I am facing the same issue. I want to add routings and PRT objects to Engineering Change Record. Did you find any solution for this? If you used any custom developement, can you share details about the process that you used to achieve this?

Thanks and regards,

Ashlesha Desai

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

former_member694558
Participant
0 Kudos

0 Kudos

b0uncingsouls
Discoverer
0 Kudos

did you ever get this information?  can u forward to me as well please?

thanks.

former_member393433
Participant
0 Kudos