SAP for Higher Education and Research Discussions
Spark conversations about student engagement, research optimization, and administrative efficiency using SAP in higher education and research. Join in!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Function module for creating a Program (SC)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus;

I have tried to find a function module which can create a SC object with all necessary infotypes but could't find it out.

Does anybody know about it?

Thanks.

Ferhat

4 REPLIES 4

0 Kudos

Hi Ferhat,

unfortunately there is no standard function module to create a Program of study.

would you kindly let me know if you are looking this for mass data upload ?

best regards,

kasi raaman.r

0 Kudos

Hi Kasi;

It's not for mass data upload, I'm trying to build a custom screen for creating a program.

0 Kudos

Hi Ferhar,

unfortunately there is no Function Module to create program of study with all mandatory attributes but since its a PD object you may use the FM HRIQ_CREATE_OBJECT, this would create HRP1000 infotype. you can browse thru the function group to get more useful function modules.

Thanks,

Kasi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ferhat,

One more option would be to use the Personnel Actions in the system. Standard action delivered is "SC". You can copy this to a "Z" action and add/delete infotypes depending on your requirement.

Link to Maintain Personnel Actions:

Student Lifecycle Management -> Basic Settings -> Dialog Control -> Current Settings -> Maintain Personnel Actions.

Once you have configured the personnel actions, you can use transaction code PP03 to create a program of study and pass the values. You can also record transaction PP03 and use in the custom report that will take the input values from a spreadsheet and update for mass creation of program of study.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Mitesh