Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP System Breakpoint reached error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

In our BW system I am getting thousands of

SAP-Basis System: Breakpoint                                          reached

error in our Windows Event logs. From beginning of this week there are more than 390000 error entries in event log. What will cause this? I also checked background jobs and system dumps but all seems fine.

Our system info is like below

SAP Netweaver 7.0 / Kernel level 226

SAP_ABA        700      0023

SAP_BASIS     700      0023

PI_BASIS      2006_1_700      0008

ST-PI           2008_1_700      0000

SAP_BW      700      0020

FINBASIS      600      0014

SEM-BW      600      0014

BI_CONT      703      0012

SQL Server 2005 SP3 / Windows 2003 Server SP2 / 48 GB RAM / 2 CPUs with 2,40 GHz speed.

Best regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

manish_singh13
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Some update rules that you're running as one of the loads on the process chain must have a breakpoint in the code. The breakpoint doesn't mean that there's an error, it's just been inserted by a developer to aid debugging.

Check & copy the program name from SM21 - it will be a long name like GST445XCXXXXXXDFF or similar. Go to SE38 and paste in the name of the program then dispay the source code. In the header of the code, will be the name of the infosource and object being updated. This should help you find the update rules that need to be amended.

Also check http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/ABAP/Checkgroups for breakpoints.

Thanks,

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for information. I will forward it to our ABAP devs and let you know the results.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manish

Our devs checked and deleted breakpoints on program like you mentioned but since Friday we received more than 34000 breakpoint errors on event viewer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you have any log in SM21?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Below is my SM21 screenshot

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

go to SE38, paste the program name 'GP4COY...' in the program name and go to line 2619.

You will see a breakpoint there.

Also in the program you can see which transformation/update rule the program points to (also mentioned earlier).

Then go to the update rule/transformation and remove the breakpoint.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Screenshot shows that program GP4COY* have breakpoint on line 2619.

Please goto SE38 and check this program. Ask it's owner to remove breakpoint.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello again

I notified our devs about this program, they will remove breakpoints, but why is it creating too much log entries? Is there any way to prevent to create that much amount of entries?

Former Member
0 Kudos

it will generate a log entry each time the breakpoint is reached.

If it is set in a routine on a characteristic, for every record of your data load you will create a log entry.

So 50k records = 50k log entries.

In a start/end routine: for every data package.  So 100 datapackages = 100 log entries.

To prevent this: remove break-points.  It's a basic thing a developer should do.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

They removed breakpoints from that program but now they are asking how can they find origin of that program which creates those programs starting with G letter.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Let me help you with that by pasting some answers already given:

Check & copy the program name from SM21 - it will be a long name like GST445XCXXXXXXDFF or similar. Go to SE38 and paste in the name of the program then dispay the source code. In the header of the code, will be the name of the infosource and object being updated. This should help you find the update rules that need to be amended.

and

go to SE38, paste the program name 'GP4COY...' in the program name and go to line 2619.

You will see a breakpoint there.

Also in the program you can see which transformation/update rule the program points to (also mentioned earlier).

So the origin of these programs is: update rules/transformations.

Don't mess around with these programs, use the BW framework!

Answers (0)