cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding length limitation of RFC in SOAP to RFC scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We are looking for one solution for -- SOAP to RFC scenario.

Our SOAP web service has a single “INPUT” field  in which client is passing the whole xml. This xml contains header and many line items. When this web service gets triggered, the  XML gets passed to the importing parameter  of RFC whose length is given max 13000 characters and gets parsed in the remote function module and the values are used to create a Purchase order.

Now the issue is that if the client passes more than 8000 characters in xml then it doesn’t post to RFC. Only 8000 char are posting i.e. xml is limited to 8000 char due to which it doesn't get parsed.

Can you please guide that how much character length does PI- RFC accept?

Hereby attached is the sample xml file which has more than 8000 characters.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

there is a simple solution to that when soap sends the message map it to a proper RFC

by extracting the data from INPUT field. then you can map the data to RFC parameters

which will call the application. there are no standard RFCs in SAP which work in a way to have data in a single field so if you go my way you will be able to use standarf RFCs (BAPIs) to post the data to SAP.

doing it the way you currently do it wrong for two reasons:

a) you cannot use standard RFCs

b) you have to the do mapping in backend instead of PI which is much more difficult to maintain later on and this is not why the company bought PI I guess

so try the proper way and everything will be fine

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk