Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use of SAP XI as "on demand" FTP Server

AntonioSanz
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm trying tu use SAP XI as "on demand" FTP Server. I have a folder where all my files are place, and I need to call XI with the name of the file and XI have to move the file from the original folder to another folder. There is any way of doing this with SAP XI.

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Antonio,

Let me understand your requirement clearly...You have a set of files in a source folder.

Now in a disconnected process, messages would be sent to XI with filenames and XI have to move only those files from source to a target directory ...

If this is the requirement..one way i can think of is like below...this is sort of a indirect way...

When the message is sent to XI....use a file adapter on the receiver side to write the xml message as a file to a third(dummy) folder.....the name of the file should be from the xml message using variable substitution....

Now have a .bat or a shell script in the post processing step and pass filename to it using '%f' ....

In the bat file you have the filename...have commands to move it from source to target and also delete of the dummy file written in the dummy folder...

Again, depending on how the trigger message is sent to XI, you might have other options also...

Thanks.

Message was edited by:

Deepu Venugopal

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

AntonioSanz
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks to all,

specially to Deepu Venugopal. I think I`m going to implement Deepu aproach to solve my problem.

Bye

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anatanio,

yes you can do this in XI.....just create a sender file adapter using file system protocol..........specify the source directory and file name structure.......then in the run OS command, specify the move command to move the files from source folder to target folder........just activate this comm channel......put your source file in source directory and XI will move it to target directory.

Thanks,

Rajeev Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sanz,

Yes we can do this. We can use XI only for FTP purpose also. Here we dont need to do anything in IR. Only thing is we have to configure ID. Just check this weblog on how to do this:

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/04/03/xi-in-the-role-of-a-ftp

Also while picking the files you can pick all the files or any special files using wild card characters etc. This should solve your issue.

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can do this with a file to file scenario.

/people/venkat.donela/blog/2005/03/02/introduction-to-simplefile-xi-filescenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starterspart1

/people/venkat.donela/blog/2005/03/03/introduction-to-simple-file-xi-filescenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starterspart2

Except you don't have to do content conversion, and perhaps not even mapping from what it sounds like in your scenario?

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

u may need to check the blog by sabarish vijaykumar

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

<a href="/people/william.li/blog/2006/09/08/how-to-send-any-data-even-binary-through-xi-without-using-the-integration-repository to send any data (even binary) through XI, without using the Integration Repository</a>

<a href="/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/04/03/xi-in-the-role-of-a-ftp in the role of a FTP</a>