cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create Knowledge base object for SCE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We are implementing IPC 4 for our running ISA 4 R3 4.6c backend (no CRM). To start with, we have to create knowledge base object for each configured material in R3. Can you please let me know any standard report ot t-code to create knowledge object for all configured materials.

Please correct me if this approach is not correct.

Thanks a lot.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_470/helpdata/en/2e/f7ec043e3f11d290aa0000e8a49aad/content.htm

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

svs_sap
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

I have not worked with this concept before, but as a curiosity of the question you raised, i tried some possibility in SAP. Below are t codes used for this

Can you please let me know any standard report ot t-code to create knowledge object for all configured materials.

For individual materials we can use CU31 transactions, if you want to create in mass may be no options.

I would like to ask to you and even forum experts, after creating this knowledge based object, what is it's purpose? How and where we are going to use them?

I have checked the link provided by you, and also details, but need real time explanation with one example, can any one explain?

Regards,

Sharat

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav Kumawat,

You can use CU31 for creating Knowledge Base objects, and create run time versions can be created using CU34, you have a option to create more then one run time version for a KB.

You can use PMEVC to check this K B and runtime version as well as export them to IPC.

I haven’t check the existence of mass upload for this , but you always have option to use LSMW or record BDC with the help from ABAP resource.

Please check and let me know if you need any information on it.

Sharat S,

In short answer to your question is , KB and run time versions we use when we are using external configuration process , which can be a SAP or non SAP system which is using this pricing and configuration related information and needed by business.

Specially for IPC , it can reside on CRM or can be a stand alone system , so to make the configuration information available at IPC we need to create this 2 objects which serve as as master data for IPC and this information will be updated to IPC.

Thanks

Ritesh

svs_sap
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ritesh,

Thank you very much for the explanation, i learnt something new today. Very happy.

Regards,

Sharat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ritesh,

Can you please let me know if we can upload KB object from one SAP system to another?

My requirement is, i need to copy a highly complex(atleast large data, if not complex)configurable material to my SAP system, client has  given me the KB object files as XML.

i dont see an option via CU00 menu.

Thanks in advance,

Muthu.S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ritesh,

Is there anyway we can Upload All Configurable materials through PMEVC.

Mass Upload Program

Please Suggest me

Thanks