cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To make the particular cell as editable on the Table UI element

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Is it possible to make the particular cell of the Table UI element as editable for the mouse click.

I have a table 4X4 (Rows X Columns) in that i have to make the cell (2X1) editable by clicking on it.

Kindly provide your suggestion to achieve the above requirement.

Regards,

Ragunathan.R

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

amy_king
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ragunathan,

To control whether a cell in the Table is read-only or editable, you can do the following...

1. Create an additional attribute in your 0..n context node structure-- say FIELD1_READONLY-- of type wdy_boolean.
  2. Bind the readOnly property of NODE.FIELD1's TableColumn's editor element to context attribute FIELD1_READONLY.
  3. During some round-trip to the server-- in an action handler for example-- set context attribute FIELD1_READONLY to either true or false for each context element in the node.

There is no event for onClick of a Table cell, so you cannot trigger your action simply by clicking on the Table cell. You'll need to find some other action, like onEnter of another table cell, that can trigger the action to set FIELD1_READONLY to true or false.

Cheers,

Amy

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I do not think that we can capture OnClick of a cell. We can only capture selection of a row.