Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLT replication standards

martin_lindner
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

one question about SLT replication.

If I want to adjust a table in the source system I have to deactivate the database triggers that was generated from the SLT server. Otherwise I can't activate them. Thats ok I've think because regular databases like Microsoft SQL Server also avoid adjustmants if triggers are active.

But I want to know is there a best practise how to avoid to much downtime, espacially if you have a system with different transport times of different teams (e.g. team one want to transport there changes at the 01.01 and team two at the 02.01.

Did I must for every transport stop the replication and do an full reload? Or is it possible to adjust the activation routine in the system so that it manually make a lock on the db table, deactivate the slt trigger, adjust the table, reactivate trigger and undo the lock?

If you have any tipps and hints for that I'm very happy about.

Best regards,

Martin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

Please refer to section 5.1 in document - http://help.sap.com/hana/hana_slt_tom_en.pdf

If you have SAP source systems then structural changes to tables that just involves addition of non-key fields will not affect the trigger on the table with SAP Note - 1655725. For other table structure changes or for non-sap source systems, the document above suggests following the manual steps.

Thanks,

Anooj

Answers (0)