cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'Enter an object number' error while creating Simulation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello cProject Experts.

When I try to create a simulation for a cProject, it errors out saying 'Enter an object number'. However, the snapshot works fine.

The error is with reference to the task(s) used in the project.

We are on PPM 5.0 system having component CPRXRPM 500_702 with support pack 5.

Any inputs to resolve this will be highly appreciated.

Regards,

Bhushan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member201206
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bhushan,

how do your create the simulation?

Do you open  a operative project beforehand and then create a simulation? Or using the navigation panel 'versions' and create the simulation with select a template?

Kind regards,

Zhenbo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Zhenbo

By doing it via either way, I get the error.

Also please note following points.

1) If I create a cProject only with Project Defination & Phases (& no tasks) I can create the simulation successfully.

2) When I do it using the navigation panel 'versions', I see the task number in the 'to be saved' simulation coming  as blank (and after I hit 'save' button, I get the error message). Thus I guess the system looks for task number in the simulation which somehow is not getting generated. Hence system triggers the error message asking to enter the task number (which of course, can't be entered being non-editable field).

former_member201206
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bhushan,

it sounds problem with the number range. Please check using the transaction 'SNUM' using input

Object     =   dpr_vrsn, then buttun 'Number range' (F7), then display 'Intervals', it shoud have entry looks like:

SM 10000000000000000000 49999999999999999999

SP 50000000000000000000 99999999999999999999

Kind regards,

Zhenbo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Zhenbo,

Thanks for bring up this possibility. However, when I checked in my system the number range is as described by you. I am giving below screen shot as well.

former_member201206
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bhushan,

The number range looks o.k, please check the following two points.

1. customizing: Collaboration Projects->Structure -> Define Permitted Version Numbers

and the service 'Project Version Administration' in the UI.

2. Is there any BAdI implemented to change the number, e.g. DPR_ATTRIBUTES?

If the problem still not clarified afterwards, you can open a message to let SAP have a look.

Kind regards

Zhenbo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Zhenbo,

FYI. This issue got resolved. My colleague debugged the SAP code and observed that for object 'DPR_TSK_O' in SNRO, the number range was marked as 'external'. After unchecking the same, it started working.

Thanks for all your help.

Regards,

Bhushan

Answers (0)