Components's requirement date are changed during production order conversion
I have some trouble with component's requirement date during production order conversion.
Component's requirement date at planned order are changed during production order conversion.
Is it standard system behavior?
the behavior is as following:
Planned order 10001, Ord.start 2012/11/19, Ord. finish 2012/12/03
Component Offset LT Req.date Qty
1. CompA 10 2012/12/03 1Pc ⇒based on scheduling calculation, the requirement date should be 2012/12/04 (2012/11/23 is holiday). Since finish date of the planned ord is 2012/12/03, the system automatically adjust it to 2012/12/03.
2. CompB 0 2012/11//19 1Pc
3. CompC -10 2012/11/05 1Pc
When we convert this planned ord to prod.ord. the requirement date of CompA becomes 2012/12/04.
Prod. ord 20001, basic date start 2012/11/19, finish 2012/12/03
Component Req.date Qty
1. CompA 2012/12/04 1Pc ⇒ the requirement date is changed.
2. CompB 2012/11//19 1Pc
3. CompC 2012/11/05 1Pc
Srini Ravindra Kumar replied
Hi, Based on your screenshots could replicate the issue and thoroughly understood it.
Read through SAP note 386279 which specifies the probable system behaviour:
- For an unscheduled planned order, the requirements date of a component
results from the order start date of the order plus the lead-time offset in
workdays. The requirements date can be moved at the most to the order finish
date of the order. (Corresponds to your regular flow in your message)
- For a scheduled planned order, the system does not consider lead-time offsets
when determining the requirements date of a component. In this case, the system
assumes that the time delay of the component requirement is production-related
in relation to the order start date and that it is represented in scheduling by
an allocation to the corresponding operation. An additional consideration of the
lead-time offset would cause the lead-time offset to duplicate in the
allocation. (This refers to your irregular flow in your message with screenshots)
Lead time (negative number of days in the lead-time offset field of the BOM
- The requirements date of a component for an unscheduled planned order
results from the order start date of the order minus the lead time in workdays.
This way the requirements date can be moved before the order start
- For a scheduled planned order, the requirements date for a component results
from the following dates depending on the scheduling Customizing
- the start date of the assigned operation,
the start date of the first operation or
- the order start date of the order minus the lead time in workdays.
In your case the moment you delete the LT offset for the +10 days cpt, you will see that the dep.reqmt correspond to the Order basic start date again.
Results in your screenshots corresponds to what is mentioned in this note. Anyways please update on this issue, after you hear back from SAP/OSS.