cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mass closure of notification and task

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

In P system we have some 2+ years of backlogs of open notifications, I want to close them  (tasks and notifiation) in mass.

Is it possible to close in mass? Because the data is huge which cannot be done manually? If so, guide me how.

Thanks in advance,

Anitha Pauline

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Patho
Explorer

Good day Anitha and all,

This answer comes a little late, but I think can come handy for those in need.

Here's a simple solution I just used to complete multiple tasks for hundreds of notifications, to ultimately close all the notifications.

I used a simple CATT (transaction SCAT).  Note that we are under SAP 4.7.

I assume you are familiar with SCAT, otherwise there are plenty of helpful easy guides.

1st  step: Go in IW66 select the range of notifications required or what you want to see.  Make sure your select the check-box  “Only uncompleted tasks”.   Run the report.

2: add column “Tasks” and sort it ascending.  Do not add any other sorting:  if you sort by notification, it may lock itself during save and this would cause an error during the CATT processing.   This sorting by task will prevent that error.  Save your layout as public.

3.  Click the back button to return to the selection screen.   At the bottom, add the layout you just created in the appropriate field, and save this as a variant.     I strongly suggest that your current variant only returns about 10 tasks.  Otherwise it will take you a long time to record you CATT and may run in errors.  The CATT will basically close 10 tasks at a time.   

4.  Transaction SCAT: record you transaction IW66:  call your variant which should contain your layout and criteria with “Only uncompleted tasks” and more or less 10 tasks.  

5.  Using the menu, select all entries,   then: Goto-->Tasks

6. for each record: click on you complete flag, click on save. (you’ll do that about 10 times). When finished, you will go back using the back button to exit normally of the transaction during recording.  Save your recording.

7. Still in SCAT, you only need to set the Variant field as a variable. And save.   

8. Still in SCAT,  Export your variant to a file for later processing.

9. Go back to IW66 and call your variant.  Change your criteria so that you get the full list of tasks you want to change, take note of the number of tasks to close and save your variant again.

10. Edit your CATT variant file with MS Excel, and in the appropriate column, add your iw66 variant name as many times as needed in the appropriate column (example: you have 132 tasks to close, add 14 lines of your variant name value.)

11.  Make sure you are not in iw66 in the target environment.   In SCAT call your CATT test with you variant file containing your 14 entries. And execute in background.

12.   The CATT will run 14 times (calling iw66, closing 10 tasks at a time)  In our example, On the last run it will save the two remaining tasks and return 8 error messages: it ok because there are no more tasks to close.

13.  Enjoy a refreshing drink or warming tea or coffee: now all you have to do is close all your notification in mass using IW58 and the complete flag.

Patho

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't think even LSMW will help in this case.

Only through  QM10 can solve your problem.You have to select all Notifications and then process keep on make change & save.

anup_patil3
Active Contributor

Hi,

Can a BAPI- BAPI_QUALNOT_MODIFY_DATA be used to do this mass change?

I believe, one can use this BAPI to go & set header status to Completed.

Check with ABAP & revert.

Regards,

Anup

svs_sap
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anitha,

AS i know there is no mass transaction for notification and task.

Better you create LSMW and process in mass to change status to complete.

Regards,

Sharat