cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VC Migration Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

While migrating the VC application from 7.0 to 7.3, we are getting the below error in the migration report:

Could not carry out discovery of system '<Destination_Name>' -> '<Service_Name>'. A modeled service will be created instead.

We have created the Destination successfully & is also able to ping fine. Also when I try to search for the system in the task panel toolbar, I'm able to get it in the drop down list and is also able to search the required data service. But still we are getting this error.

Please suggest.

Thanks & Regards,

Gourav

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

anja_engelhardt2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gourav,

unfortunately migration of 7.0x models is not that easy. The migration wizard works only semi-automatic. You may need to adjust the service by hand. Just open the model, go to your newly created service and drag in the data service again.

Best regards,

Anja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anja,

Thanks for your reply.

That is the approach that I've taken actually and have created the service yet again. I also had to redesign the layout as well along with some other adjustments.

So because of the above error message, I was doubting anything wrong with the RFC destination or any other configuration. So with your confirmation above, I would understand that creating the service manually is the way to get pass that error that I'm getting.

I've been able to deploy the models successfully with warnings and is able to preview the generated web dynpro application also. But my concern now is that I do not see the data yet when I preview it even after creating the service. We have some other configuration issue at our end so hoping to move ahead with this for the time being & see if it resolves after solving the other issues.

Thanks once again.

Gourav.

anja_engelhardt2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So because of the above error message, I was doubting anything wrong with the RFC destination or any other configuration. So with your confirmation above, I would understand that creating the service manually is the way to get pass that error that I'm getting.

Unfortunately that's it. The migration wizard doesn't do all actions and manually adjustment is necessary. By the way - layout in design and runtime is also something that is not migrated. You need to check it all again...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Anja, I'm redesigning the layout again as per our 7.0 models.

I'm keeping the thread open for the time being in order to cater to any open issues that I may get in my immediate migration.

Thanks for your help once again.

Regards,

Gourav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anja,

I'm also seeing few other messages in the migration report as below where I would need your help:

Error while converting action 'DYN' in view 'XXX':Dynamic actions are not supported (action formula: '')

Error while converting action 'EXPORT' in view 'MAPPINGS TABLE':Export Data actions are not supported. For export functionality, use ALV table configuration.

For the first message, I see the switch action is the alternative to that. As I see, the switch is an execution mode which we can define when we have multiple actions assigned to a control. In our 7.0 model, we just had a dynamic action assigned. So I'm not sure what action to assign here. Requesting you to please suggest me on  that.

Also for the second message, I'm not sure on how to use the ALV configuration here. Will need your help in that as well. If you can please point out to the library document or tell me the steps on how to do that, that would be great.

Also for the table configuration, I see there is an export option as part of list viewer configuration. Can you please suggest if using that wont help me in putting the export functionality in place for the table?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Gourav

anja_engelhardt2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gourav,

for the first issue I need some more time to check than I have now. So maybe I can answer this within the next days.

Regarding the second one: click at the table in design time and choose 'Configure'. Within 'List Viewer Configuration' part you can check 'Export' and you will receive an export button at top of your table. The action is not available anymore as WebDynpro provides some standard button for it.

Best regards,

Anja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anja,

Thanks for your quick reply.

The second issues seems good with the export option as you confirmed above. Thanks for that.

I'll eagerly wait for you to come back on the first issue. I'll also see if I can find something.

Regards,

Gourav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anja,

I'm getting the below error for one of my model:

This is pointing to one of the data share element that might have been created as an alternative to one of the virtual field. Can you please suggest how can I get rid of it?

Thanks,

Gourav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anja,

Any further suggestions please?

Thanks,

Gourav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anja,

For the dynamic action error, I've managed to achieve the functionality without the dynamic action. So that is not a worry for the time being.

Kindly can you please suggest on the other error given with the screen shot?

@All: can anyone please suggest on the above error?

Your response would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Gourav

anja_engelhardt2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry Gourav, too much work. I haven't had any time to check this.

Anja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Its okay Anja. Thanks for your help.

Anyway I've been able to sort the above error. So I can proceed with the other issues now.

Thanks,

Gourav

Answers (0)