Did you mean: 

SUP Server initiated workflow -Send from workspace but how to automate from SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Expert

i installed sup 2.1.3 included SCC

have ecc 6

Kindly guide if any component is missing to achieve the goal

I am trying to create client initiated and server initiated workflow in sup using sap Standard and Customer rfc

as an when required.

for server initiated application i prepare Extraction rule and from workspace i send notification message so it reach to device

successfully,

i want to automate this process ,

kindly provide code and guide where i put it SAP and how it work automatically ???

Regards

Tushar Dave

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

D_Olderdissen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos
  1. How do you connect from the device to the SUP server? You got the Relay Server installed?
  2. Did you get general connection going? Try to connect the SUP HWC player from a physical device to make sure your infrastructure is setup correctly.
  3. To send out workflows from SAP to SUP, you will need to send a Data Change Notification from SAP to SUP. This DCN is basically a JSON message that can contain the workflow data that SUP is to deliver to the mobile device.
  4. Check docs for DCN buzzword
  5. There should be some code samples around how to create a DCN in ABAP
  6. Trigger in your UWL the ABAP code that sends the DCN

That would be the basic steps, should keep you busy for a while 🙂

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dirk Olderdissen,

1. How do you connect from the device to the SUP server? You got the Relay Server installed?

-->: All things are in local environment

I connect device (simulator) to sup via using Relay Server and its online on scc

2  Did you get general connection going? Try to connect the SUP HWC player from a physical device to make sure your infrastructure is setup correctly.

-->: i tried out with Physical Device and its working fine.

3  To send out workflows from SAP to SUP, you will need to send a Data Change Notification from           SAP to SUP. This DCN is basically a JSON message that can contain the workflow data that           SUP is to deliver to the mobile device.

where to write DCN ??? and kindly provide any document

how it works , same as i send manual notification from workspace ???

should i get same notification using DCN ???

i follow the link http://scn.sap.com/community/developer-center/mobility-platform/blog/2012/06/11/calling-the-sup-data...

but i am confuse how to set this DCN for Server initiated workflow ??

in my case if i take example of Leave Creation (with SAP  EIS)

from Employee Device  Leave created using (custom) RFC

leave create successfully in to SAP

now sap trigger workflow task and send notification to BOSS  SAP inbox (and in UWL if SAP EP )

so the Boss will open that notification and See the application and do Approve or Reject

the same thing how can i send to Mobile device of Boss ??

if i have to write DCN for this then where can i set this DCN code so the trigger is automatically fire

and workflow notifiation reach to Sybase Control center and according to approver Device it recide on

BOSS device !!!

kindly clear my doublt about the DCN and sap workflow / task

Is there any component missing on SAP ????

Regards

Tushar Dave

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Tushar

To get Workflows from SAP to SUP via transaction SM59 you can create a destination to your Sybase Unwired Platform installation as "HTTP Connections to External Server" configured with the unwired server's DCN port and host name. Default SUP DCN is 8000.

Configure the connection to use the DCN servlet that supports HTTP BASIC authentication. If you test the

connection, ignore the HTTP error code.

You will also need to specify username and password of SUP under the 'Logon & Security' tab.

Hope this helps

Regards

Ayo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear ayo

as per your said that

"You can get the Sybase Mobile Workflow from SAP market place under software downloads>installations and upgrades>browse our download catalog>sybase poducts>sybase workflow 1.2.1."

but when i goes this area i am not able to get anything...

kindly provide direct link if any so i can download it by using my Service market place id....

and as per your provided document i am able to make connection in sm59

but the main part is SUP_MWF.zip and i m not able to get this

Regards

Tushar Dave

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Tushar

From experience if you are unable to get it from SAP marketplace it is because you do not have the authorization to that particular download.

Regards

Ayo

Answers (0)