Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assigning team member for check in check out in the Solution

former_member184806
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have configured the check in check out functionality in my solution. I have added a few users as team members in the solution and made one user as the project manager who approves the check in check out requests.

The request and check in check out is working well but when i do a check out a pop up appears asking me to select the user to whom i want to assign the change. I am selecting only one user and as per the selection only that user should be able to make the changes.

However this is not the case. Any user can do the changes in the checked out node. How can this privilege be restricted to a particular user.

What I want is than when the pop up appears at the time of check out and i select any user then only that user should have the rights to make changes in that node. How can this be done?

Regards,

Vishal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

Please follow this and restrict your auth as below

SAP Community Network Wiki - SAP Solution Manager - Security and Authorizations - UC00015

Thanks

Jansi

former_member184806
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jansi,

I had followed this link and restricted the check in check out privilege. But this activity 36 will only allow a person to do check in check out.

What i want is that privilege of changing the node structure be restricted to a user to whom I assign the change  when i do check out and pop up asks me to select a team member.

That is not working. I may select any one team member but still all the users are able to change the node which has been check out.

I want to restrict that.

Regards,

Vishal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

please make sure you need to maintain the same set of users in the administration tab of maintenance project.

In this case, this is posible

the work flow like this

Thanks

Jansi

former_member184806
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jansi,

The process flow you have shown is correct and as it says at the last step when you check out the object you assign it to the user. Which in this case as I said can be done through the pop up window which gives the list of users.

However that is not working as any other user is able to make the changes. Can you please elaborate on what do you mean by maintaining the same set of users in the administration tab?

The screenshot below show the users maintained in the maintenance project and the same appears in that pop up

Regards,

Vishal