Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPC Data Load from ECC System

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are on BPC 10.0, SP 7 NW Version.

We are taking data from SAP ECC System to BW System and from there, we are picking data to BPC System.

In BPC, we don't need all the transactional data from BW. We need only data that are part of Balance Sheet and P&L Statement.

Is there a way to filter out only those account to get loaded to BPC? I am getting error while loading from BW, as I didn't defined all BW Master data into BPC System.

Appreciate your inputs on this.

Thanks,

Sonti

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nagendra,

If you want to load only certain accounts, you need to skip the rest. And this can be really difficult to maintain in BPC conversion.

Since you are using NW, it would be easier to do this restriction in BW itself. You can have a cube with the same structure of you BPC application. Load the data from original cube to this BW cube. Use start or end routines or transformations using BADI, to do all the data massaging, and then finally load this data to BPC application.

Hope this helps.

former_member215589
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sonti,

When you are importing Transaction data from BW to BPC, the master data has to be in sync or you have to maintain Conversion file.

In GL_Account do you have any indicator for P&L and BS account. If you have then while running the DM Package you can set filter accordingly, so that only P&L and BS transaction data are extracted.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Priyanka

former_member190501
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use process chain /CPMB/LOAD_INFOPROV_UI to load transaction data from BW infoprovider by selection.

Thanks,

Raju

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raju,

I know about this Process Chain, But my question is how to restrict on G/L Account?

I mean, the load should only happen for the accounts that exists in BPC Account Dimension.

I am thinking of Loading the BPC Dimension data into BW Info Object, and while loading data from BW to BPC Staging Cube(Non - Transactional Cube), I will have a look up to check for the master data and only load those records into Staging cube.

Please let me know if there is a better solution.

Cons : If any User updates the Dimension Data, then this will might not reflects automatically in the BW Master Data Object.

Can we do this BADI ?

Thanks,

Sonti

former_member190501
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are not maintaining all GL accounts in BPC then its fine....just continue loading system will reject records which are not maintained in BPC master. Package status will be "Warning".

Thanks,

Raju