SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AVC at Project Level

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Trying to use BCS with Funded Program account assignment element active.  The set up is 1:1 of WBS Element to Funded Program by creating equalent number of funded programs in FM.  Budget will be entered at Project level Funded program.

We would like system to check budget availability check in BCS at Project level.  I believe it can be possible to create assignment source field as WBS Element number to derive target field as Funded program by removing last 4 digits to arrive at Project number.

Is this set up will work?  If yes is it possible to run reports at WBS Element level?  Is there any function similar to Commitment Item hierarchy where all Funded programs within a project can be grouped?  Please help.

Thanks

Prasad

4 REPLIES 4

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, you can derive Funded Program using FMDERIVE derivation strategy. As for groups, you can create them via FM_SETS_FUNDPRG1 transaction.

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Eli

Appreciate your help and quick response.  I read that Funded Program Group is used for reporting purposes only.  The following is more clear about my question.

CI & FC - SAP provided Hierarchy where Budget can be entered at Top node of Hierarchy then consumption can happen any element of lower nodes.  Still AVC can be set up at Top Hierarchy Name.  This will facilitate to record consumption transactions at individual items.

Fund, Functional Area,,and Funded Program has only Group concept.  Can you please help me in understanding the difference between these two functions, such as Hierarchy and Grouping?

I would like to use Group Funded Program (Project Level with individual WBS Elements equalent FP) same as CI or FC Hierarchy.  Budget entry and AVC is at Group Funded Program Level.   Will it facilitate to record budget consumption at any one of FP within a group and run reports?

Thanks

Prasad

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sometimes it's a semantic issue: no tehcnical difference between Groups and Hierarchy. An hierarchy is always a group, but not for all objects an hierarchy could exist. Some objetcs in SAP require assignment to an hierarchy as a 'must'. This is the only difference.

You can perfectly manage your AVC based on groupped objects using a derivation strategy for control objects.

Regards,

Eli

0 Kudos

hello Prasad, in order to check the AVC in an upper level. you can use the AVC objects derivation strategy, in this way you define the project as a funded program itself but only to be used as AVC object.

The postings are recorded at the detail level (WBS=funded program) and the AVC checks are carry out at the upper lever, in this case the derivation strategy can be set from funded program to funded program and, as you said above, removing the last 4 digits of the target funded program.

Hope this helps

César