cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migration sap system to new server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

I have 3 systems landscape(DEV,QUA,PRD)on mssql, windows 2008.

PRD system is transport domain controller. Prd system is  connected to CUA.

I have to migrate Prd system to new server  and change from fault tolerance installation to distributed installation.  I will make it by system copy Without change system id. The name of CI server will be same that name of PRD SPOF cluster resource.(To decrease possible problem with connection  clients and other)

Please check my steps.

1. Move transport domain to DEV system(by create backup controller and activate its)

2.shutdown DI and CI of PRD and SPOF PRD cluster resource

3. Input new server to domain (new  CI)with name of SPOF PRD resource.

4.Install CI(first step)

5. Prepare DB

6. Install CI(third step of installation )

1. Should  i make pos-tinsallation action(se06) if the id  systems is same.?

2. Will i have problem with CUA . Should i disconnect PRD system from CUA before migration  or  enough only check RFC connections?

3. I need to keep all transport routers and queue of request.

Should i reset stms configuration and  add sytem prd to transport domain again and create  routes. Or can i use old stms configuration because i have new system with same id . And name of CI is same than was   name of SPOF on the cluster.

Should i migrate Sec store key?

Thank you for help!! I am sorry for a lot of questions.

With best regards

DS

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

manish_singh13
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi DS,

Please find below suggestions below:

1. Should  i make pos-tinsallation action(se06) if the id  systems is same.?

Yes. Execute this step as you are migrating to different host/ip address.

2. Will i have problem with CUA . Should i disconnect PRD system from CUA before migration  or  enough only check RFC connections?

Break CUA. Do the migration and reconnect it.

3. I need to keep all transport routers and queue of request.

Should i reset stms configuration and  add sytem prd to transport domain again and create  routes. Or can i use old stms configuration because i have new system with same id . And name of CI is same than was   name of SPOF on the cluster.

Remove existing PRD system from transport route. After installing new system add that again to transport route and distribute/activate your configruation.

Should i migrate Sec store key? Yes.

Thanks,

Manish