Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

searching tables

former_member188029
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I will try to ask this question from the perspective of a user and not a developer - designer..

I have a custom report that details "cost of poor quality". High level it's a very standard approach to reporting typical COQ. 

High level it seems to be working as it should

I must test the design to assure:

a.  it's capturing all the areas of costs it should      (reqs. other modules to make transactions such as scrap all types and customer returns)

b   assure it's capturing these costs per the background formulas  ( such as total scrap =  AA  +  BB + CC =  ((total scrap))

These verifications in part need to be made by physically verifying the tables the data is pulled from.

My question is:

1. What is what is the trail to get to tables:

AFRU

RESP via AFKO

AFVC

AFVV via AFKO

AUFPL

2. Is the data stored in these tables drawn auto or must one extract it manually?

Greatly appreciated

Verroz

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

svs_sap
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Verroz,

From user perspective i would like to you inform some of the things which may be useful according to your questions.

1. What is what is the trail to get to tables:

AFRU

RESP via AFKO

AFVC

AFVV via AFKO

AUFPL

When you do certain transaction to capture the the details into database obviously it is stored in one or the other form in tables or it can be viewed in structures etc.

Certain tables are very useful to see data upfront and can be pulled in program by designers, that we keep a side.

As a user if i am trying to see some information in certain standard reports, and not able to get then i look through tables (if  i have authorization for SE11, SE16 transactions) and take this data and use in my analysis.

For example, AFRU id the table which records most of the fields of production order confirmation. So any data like order yield, rework, scrap quantities etc i can get here. Similarly corresponding tables.

To explain one more, what is what means if i create and release production order then only the reservation is created for components used in the order, so AFKO is the order header table and find corresponding reservations in RESB table for this order. It depends again on understanding and need some table or transaction reference then easy to work with.

Hope you got your answer by this example.

2. Is the data stored in these tables drawn auto or must one extract it manually?

Data stored in the table can be manually downloaded through SE16 or SE11 transaction.

If you are using them in program then it can be called in program to use the data automatically.

In standard SAP reports and transactions where data gets picked then it is called through program automatically for the use.

Hope this explanation helps.

Best regards,

Sharat

former_member188029
Participant
0 Kudos

Boy,

This was a very very big help.  I'll paly with these for the next few days and get back to you.

I do thank you very much.

Verroz

former_member188029
Participant
0 Kudos

Ok,

I've searched SE11.....  I see some familiar things.

Let me ask the question a little differently now that you've shown me how to at least access these tables. There was one scenarion I failed to ask in the first question.

Are these tables custom or STD SAP?

If STD,  I'll only ask one as an example and go to the designers from there.

Assuming it's STD:

One of my calculations is:

AFRU - XNMGA = to get confirmed scrap from a confirmed prod. order......

How can these two tables be read to confirm the calculation is right?

VB

svs_sap
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear VB,

Are these tables custom or STD SAP?

Above mentioned tables are standard in SAP.

Most of custom tables are started with name Z, or Y etc.

How can these two tables be read to confirm the calculation is right?

Yes you are right, use field XMNGA in AFRU table

see one example with screen below

Also would like to remind you , you have wrongly marked correct answer in the thread or else forgot to mark helpful answer to my reply, kindly check.

Best regards,

Sharat

former_member188029
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you very much and I assure the points to be awarded. This has been a very big help.

Only one more question to this end:

Can you tell me the trails to see these tables. Z Custom tables aside?

Verroz

svs_sap
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Verroz,

Can you tell me the trails to see these tables. Z Custom tables aside?

No problem, it is very easy. In same SE11 or SE16 transactions, enter Z* and press F4, you will find out list of all Z tables available in your system.

And one more input, in case if you want to see the Z transactions available in your system, then go to SE11 or SE16, enter TSTC table, and in the transaction enter Z* and execute, you can find all custom transactions starting with Z in your system.

Best regards,

Sharat

former_member188029
Participant
0 Kudos

This all good.  So...

How would I access say customer returns (I'd assume this would be standard?

Verroz

Answers (0)