cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reinstalling Netweaver 7.0 and JVM

0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am in the process of planning a hardware and O/S upgrade for Netweaver 7.0 dual stack systems currently running on Windows 2003 server.  The current systems are using JDK 1.4.2 which, as you know, is out of support.

Is it possible for me to instal SAP JVM 4.1 on the new hardware prior to installing Netweaver 7.0 SR3 or will I have to install JDK1.4.2 then install Netweaver and then use the switch tool to implement SAP JVM 4.1?

Thanks,

Craig.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi craig,

i'am not sure how do you perform the reinstallation, maybe the notes i below mentioned will help you !

Hinweis 1689942 - vendor JDK required for sapinst with install./system copy

Hinweis 1618893 - Known Issues in the context of SAP JVM 4

Note 1597982 - Release Information for SAP JVM 4.1 and SAP JVM Switch Tool

(Zitat aus Text 1597982)
-> Starting with SAP Enhancement Package 3 for SAP NetWeaver 7.0 the SAP JVM
will be the default JDK. Previous releases still have to be set up using the relevant vendor JDKs.

br

julius

0 Kudos

Hi Julius,

At the very moment you posted I also found note 1689942 which answers my question.  It looks like SAP will be offering Netweaver 7.0x installations with the SAP JVM early next year.

Thanks both of you.

Craig.

Former Member
0 Kudos

your welcome! br julius

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Akshay_G
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am doing a new Netweaver 7 SR3 Java App Server installation.

After doing meticulous study and planning, what i believe in reference to JDK is that:

1) Vendor JDK to be installed which will be required by SAPinst

2) After Installation, migrate to SAPJVM 4.1 as per the notes.

I was wondering that wouldn't it be possible to use SAP JVM directly before beginning installation.

However this very post answers the same thing, that manual switch to be done post-installation.

I really felt on this, to use SAP JVM directly.

Regards,

Akshay.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

To my knowledge only after installing NW 7.0 SR3, you can use the switch tool to migrate to SAP JVM 4.1. And we did the same, it's a very simple procedure too.

Thanks & regards

bala