cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Check item availability without using VA02

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

Is there any other way to execute "check item availability" without using the transaction VA02?

Many times i need to execute it but as i am in Prod environment i don´t have permission.

I use "Check item availability" to verify the specific route that an order use to read the quota (in a particular sales order) so then i can use that route to check in planning book if there is enough quota.

Thanks,

Ale.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

After a while we found what we were looking for 🙂

The transaction is //atpq_chkcust

You can filter using products or sales orders.

Then you select the marked icon "Product Allocation Situation"

With that data, you can go to the planning book and make the disaggregation correctly.

Thanks for your help and hope this is useful for all.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your answers.

Rjesh,

unfortunately, i don´t have access to those transactions...

Dogboy,

The route that i want to see is the route of how the quota is reading in the planning book.

For example, in VA02, there´s an icon "check item availability".And then, click on the icon "situation"

And this is the data that i need.

Hope this can clarify.

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Alejo,

I do not see 'Route' in your screenshot.

Product, Plant, Sales Office, Sales Group, Sales Employee, Customer Hierarchy, and SoldTo are each available for display in VA03.

If it turns out that the VA03 method is unsatisfactory for you, you can have a custom transaction created, or you can demand that you be given access to VA02.  In my opinion, any user should have adequate access to information in the system, if that access is required for him to do his job.

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi DB,

Many times users report that one product is not confirming the required quantity, although there´s enough stock and quota. And most of the time, they are doing the disaggregation badly.

So, if it can get the "product allocation overview" data, that is that i need to go to the planning book and and make appropriate disaggregation.

For example.

User report that product 800 in plant YYY  is not confirming, having enough quota and stock.

First of all i will go to the planning book and see if there´s enough quota.

If i make the disaggregation Product -> Plant, for sure i will find enough quota. But maybe the disaggregation is wrong, so that´s why i need the "product allocation overview" data, becouse, this data help me to see what is the exact diseggregation i need to do. Maybe the diseggregation  that i need to do in the planning book is Product -> Plant -> SalesGrouop, and if i do it, i will find that there´s not enough quota.

That is the data that i couldn´t find in the VA03 (the icon of check item availability" is disabled)...for sure i should have access to VA02, but is not allowed by the client

Thanks! 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Alejo,

It is common for users to verbally report to IT support people that some functionality 'doesn't work....'.  IT, as you noted, does not always have adequate access to effectively troubleshoot these problems in a production system.  In this case, I usually ask the users to invite me to a 'screen-sharing' session. (many companies use Microsoft Outlook Communicator for this purpose; there are many more).  In this way, you can walk the user through the process required to troubleshoot the problem themselves, without compromising security.

In the end, the client is poorly served if you are ineffective in solving the problems of his users.  If you discuss this with the client, and mention how the problems of authorization restrictions are preventing you from creating the value he is seeking, he may be able to come up with other solutions as well.

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Alejo,

To add to expert Rajesh's comment, if your only requirement is to see the route in a Sales order item, you do not need to perform an ATP for this.

VA03 > Select the item; then Goto > Item > Shipping.  Route is displayed here.

Best Regards,

DB49

rajkj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ale,

You can use t.code CO09 in ECC or /SAPAPO/AC04 in APO to simulate ATP check. I hope they might give you some required information.

Thanks,
Rajesh