cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vl02N ABAP dump for due to negative qty

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello:

I have a strange situation and I have read several forums and google my issue...even though there is similiar discussions about this issue I am having,  I cant seem to find anything to help me resolve the issue that I am experiencing.

First off we are on ECC 6.0 and use WM.  We do use FIFO, however for this particular material it is not selected in the ACCTG 2 tab as a FIFO item.  This is a serialized material.  This issue does not happen with every order and only happens every once in a while.  I can not seem to replicate the issue in our sandbox or testing client.

1. End user creates the sales order with the serial number in the technical objects

The Delivery is created and the serial number pulls in from the sales order

2. End User receives delivery and creates a TO for the order (LT03).  In LT03 he selects the ICON for Stock Figures so he can remove the qty from a certain bin loc

If other items on the sales order he selects the push button for generate +Next Mat

3. End User Saves.  This creates the TO.  The qty shown in the TO is correct.

4.  End user confirms the TO but the qty in the Confirmation is higher than the TO Create qty.  The qty shows 2 each on the confirmation and should only be one each

In the above I have tried to enter a greater qty in order to make sure the end user did not mistakenly add more qty than needed...The system errors out, as it should so that is not the issue.

5.  End User goes to the LS26 screen and sees the negative of 3each, which is even more odd.  So they went to someone to get this corrected.  Normally at this point I can correct this with using the LT10 and LT0G transactions, however someone else tried to correct this using LT01 and using the 313 and 315 movement types. The negative qty does not show in LS26 anymore but the negative qty shows in LT0g and the delivery document is locked. 

6.  Even though I can not see the negative qty anymore in LS26, the vl02n transaction still performs the runtime error DYNPRO field Conversion.  I managed to get the delivery to open back up by creating another TO order and I see that the stor type qty is sitting at 3 each and us in "stock for putaway , but if I confirm it goes to negative and abap runtime error happens again.  My inventory qty is correct in stor type 001.  We prefer not to adjust stock into the system due to the dollar amount and would need 3 each adj.

7.  I found an OSS note 435274 for a program to use called  Z_CORRECT_VBFA_FROM_LTAP to correct this issue but it is for 4.6 and we are on 6.0.  I am not sure if I can use this OSS note...

I am trying to find a solution to correct this issue and do not find anything to help me correct.  I would also like to understand how this might have happened and what steps I can take to prevent this in the future. 

Since this is causing 3 each of these units to be in limbo and not used, I would appreciate some feedback on this. 

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I feel silly...Apparently I had perviously had this same situation and however I still had the negative qty in LS26 that I was able to work with at the time however, this time I do not have this qty due to someone trying to correct with LT01.  However the gentleman mentioned the same program as above to try.  I am going to try that program.  My apologies for posting this again.  Please refer to link http://scn.sap.com/message/10426352....to anyone else that may have this issue.  I am leaving this opened at this time and will close if the program works for our new issue and advise.