SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ISU Invoice Posting is Done on Posting date or document date ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am working on Archievig activity in SAP ISU.

We are supposed to archive some old items to reduce database size in sandbox system.

We have decided the following criterias.

- Archive invoices more than 6 moths old.

My question...

Which date shall i sue Posting date or document date as a selection criteria here?

also please let me know the config / customizing where i can find  the above setting (if the document is posted on posting date or document date ?

Thanks in advance

RD

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi RD,

I would recommend you to go by posting date rather than going by document date.

Document date basically represents the date on which the original document was issued.It's free field and you can give any value in there and the system will not thow any error.

Where as,you can choose only those value from the date range in the Posting date field for which the posting period is open, other wise the system will throw an error.

So posting date give you more relevant information than document date.

Moreover, posting date is used in most of the companies as a baseline date for determining the due date of the financial postings.

Hope it clarifies your query.

Thanks,

Amlan

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi RD,

I would recommend you to go by posting date rather than going by document date.

Document date basically represents the date on which the original document was issued.It's free field and you can give any value in there and the system will not thow any error.

Where as,you can choose only those value from the date range in the Posting date field for which the posting period is open, other wise the system will throw an error.

So posting date give you more relevant information than document date.

Moreover, posting date is used in most of the companies as a baseline date for determining the due date of the financial postings.

Hope it clarifies your query.

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

Hello amlan,,

Thanks for the detailed reply and explanation..

Its very useful.

I just have a small query.Is there any customizing for above (Due date is determined base on DOCUMENT date or posting date.

My original problem is solved. I want to know about customizing only for my knowledge.

Thanks.

Regards

RD

0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to Transaction Code-OBB8.

Select the payment terms  for which you want to checkand click on the display icon.

On the next screen, you will find the relevant details for the determination of baseline date-

(a) No Default

(b) Entry Date

(c) Document date

(d) Posting Date.

Either one of the above would have been selected for the determination of the baseline or due date.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Amlan