cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Own application logic in MDM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Some more questions arised:

1. Is it possible to use only the Content Consolidation scenario and no distribution at all?

2. Is it possible to place my own application logic between XI and MDS?

first example (in CC): MDC loads a new master object, sends to XI and normally XI would pass it to MDS. But I want to intercept there (between XI and MDS) and for example store the client object for some purpose. Is it possible to place my own logic there, force XI to call a function of my logic and than call the appropriate MDS function from this logic?

second example: MDC searches for master objects (remember, no distribution!), MDS sends the result back through XI (is it so??). Can I now intercept again, and let's say add some more information to the result? (e.g. I want to add the original client objects I have stored at upload)

If the answer is 'yes', how is it realized: is there an API of MDS that I can call or are there user exits? How can I configure XI to call my application instead of MDS, etc. Where can I read more about this?

If the answer is 'no' where is the place where I can put my own application using mdm services?

thank you,

Andras

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the very quick answer.

You wrote:

"<i>concerning second example:

MDS does not send any found objects - you log on to the ep with a certain user-role, eg md_local, and perform your search directly on the MDS. So in my understanding it is not possible to interfere here... at least not in the standard.</i>"

Isn't it possible to search in the master database (SQL like) <u>not</u> through portal, but just send a request to XI, which will send this request to MDS? And get the result again as a message? I do not even want a client portal! The only purpose of the central master data for me

is to search centrally among good quality data!

I wrote:

> If the answer is 'yes', how is it realized: is there

> an API of MDS that I can call or are there user

> exits?

These questions are still open.

3. Is there a free demo of MDM to look at? (without installation of large software components)

Thanks, Andras

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andras,

1. yes - actually the mdm-scenario 'content consololidation' aims at gaining the knowledge of redundancies in the system landscape, not at redistributing - this is managed via id-mapping.

there was a discussion about this a few threads before.

2. yes! If you have XI-Connectivity (communication channel (abap-)proxy (you can have java-proxies, too, which we don't use as we're abapers)) - this means, in the proxy-class you can create your own coding - and of course you can do whatever you want there...

this should answer your first example.

concerning second example:

MDS does not send any found objects - you log on to the ep with a certain user-role, eg md_local, and perform your search directly on the MDS. So in my understanding it is not possible to interfere here... at least not in the standard.

for further reading I'd suggest, search for XI-Proxy, XI-Connectivity, XI-Communication Channel --> the XI-Config. Guide might be the best bet.

greetings,

Matthias