SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to create contract account using CAA1 in ISU system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am having an issue, which is as follows:

Unable to create Contract account (CAA1) even though Business Partner exist . As I am inputting Business Partner in CAA1 , it gives message"

Business Partner does not exist in Role Contract Part".

Regards

Kamal

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please open the BP, and check the TABS Identification and Control.

You need to specify the ROLE correctly.

Correct this entry and your error will get resolved.

Regards

Sachin

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please open the BP, and check the TABS Identification and Control.

You need to specify the ROLE correctly.

Correct this entry and your error will get resolved.

Regards

Sachin

0 Kudos

Hi Kamal,

Additionally, please use transaction code FPP1 transaction to create business partner which will pick business partner role - MKK automatically.

Regards,

Avinash

0 Kudos

Hi Sachin ,

Firstly Thanks for your suggestion. Secondly - I was unable to create Contract account using CAA1 as I have not done TCode: FPP1 .

Now its resolved.

Rgds

Kamal Batra

0 Kudos

Hi Avinash,

Thanks for addition information.

Now My Issue is : I have created Contract account but not being able to see this detail in CRM. Is there is any need to transfer this detail using ePRODCUST  or it will come automatically.

Please guide

Regards

Kamal   

0 Kudos

Hi Kamal,

It all depends on replication setup. Best practice is that we create business partners from CRM and get this replicated to ECC.

Regards,

Avinash

0 Kudos

Hi Kamal,

Contracts Account can only be created if you have created Business Partner with role "Contract Partner" in SAP IS-U scenario.

If you want to see Contract Account through SAP CRM UI Screen then yes you need to create MD Template (EPRODCUST) to replicate Contract Account (ISU) as a Business Agreement (CRM) automatically, because there is no Contract Account exists in SAP CRM, but corresponding to this we can map CA with BA in CRM.

Regards,

Ripunjay Rathaur

0 Kudos

Hi Ripunjay & all,

I am facing one issue & need your advise on that.

Issue :

The address change on the business partner is happening when the contract is created  and the message address details are changed for Business partner. As per my views - There is some internal check on the system that automatically takes as the default address for the Business Partner the new address on the new contract being created.  This new address is added to the already existing addresses related to the business partner and taken as the default address.The check can be removed. But I dont know where that setting is ?

Can you please guide me on this ?

Regards

Kamal D Batra

0 Kudos

Hi Kamal Deep,

Sorry for delay in reply.

Go through the link below, this may help you in resolving issue.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_crmscen70/helpdata/en/25/0c65fda1f04933b26f5830ea0d2498/content.htm

Regards,

Ripunjay Rathaur

0 Kudos

Hi Ripunjay,

This is a helpful link. But when checked the setting as per given link. Nothing is maintained in our customization for Table :CRMC_ISU_ADM_CUS & CRMC_ISU_ADM_PRO. Then where this setting can be maintained due to that BP address is getting changed as Per Contract , when New Contract gets created.

Kamal