SAP for Higher Education and Research Discussions
Spark conversations about student engagement, research optimization, and administrative efficiency using SAP in higher education and research. Join in!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grading - Batch updating students grades from list

0 Kudos

I'm looking for a function that receives a list of students and grades and updates the grades in the module. We developed an external application in which the lecturer inputs the grades for the students booked to an event and module, so we need a function that will upload the grades to R3.

Is it possible to udate the grades for student in event that is shared by two module (SM refer to SM) ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

RobJonkers
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Dear Ayelet,

We currently have a couple of ways of entering grades in the system:

- via self-service for professor (webdynpro: PIQUIBB_APPR_SELF_SERVICE_APP)

- via slcm transaction PIQSMFU

The third one could be an own developed application which should make use of RFC's/FM. Please look via SE37 in function group: HRPIQ00GRADING

In regards to your question about grades shared by two modules please investigate the possibility of using the relationship 511. Relationship 511 is used for “cross-listing”.  This means that the course logistics are the same (i.e. same events), but that the academic data is different. For example, it might be the same course that earns graduate vs. undergraduate credit. Or different credit amounts for different students, depending on their department.  You can also ‘reserve’ seats for students in different departments/majors by making the module capacity lower than the event capacity, and having rules that allow students in certain departments to only book under certain modules.

Please also include module 1 with module 2 in the 'include appraisal' infotype (1764).

Hope this helps.

Rob

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

RobJonkers
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Dear Ayelet,

We currently have a couple of ways of entering grades in the system:

- via self-service for professor (webdynpro: PIQUIBB_APPR_SELF_SERVICE_APP)

- via slcm transaction PIQSMFU

The third one could be an own developed application which should make use of RFC's/FM. Please look via SE37 in function group: HRPIQ00GRADING

In regards to your question about grades shared by two modules please investigate the possibility of using the relationship 511. Relationship 511 is used for “cross-listing”.  This means that the course logistics are the same (i.e. same events), but that the academic data is different. For example, it might be the same course that earns graduate vs. undergraduate credit. Or different credit amounts for different students, depending on their department.  You can also ‘reserve’ seats for students in different departments/majors by making the module capacity lower than the event capacity, and having rules that allow students in certain departments to only book under certain modules.

Please also include module 1 with module 2 in the 'include appraisal' infotype (1764).

Hope this helps.

Rob

0 Kudos

Hi Rob

Thank you for your thoro question.

We use PIQSMFU on regular basis.

We developed a web application for entering grades by lecturers. We could not use PIQUIBB_APPR_SELF_SERVICE_APP due to the chain of approval and the number of staff member who can enter the gardes. I was looking for a SAP function that updates a grade component for a student booked to an event.  I did find HRIQ_ AGR_RFC_APPRMODUL_CREATE but the information I need to enter for each student is huge. Also, if the students are booked to an event shared by two moduls (related with 511) I need to retreive the relevant module.

I am not familiar with "include appraisal" infotype (1764) - its a cohort infotype. This is what you ment ?

Can you explain more ?

Thank you again

Ayelet