cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error adding SQL Server JDBC drivers to Visual Intelligence

Former Member
0 Kudos

When trying to add the SQL server JDBC driver, I get the error:

"Loading script ...\elevateXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX.vbs failed (Access is denied).

(where ...\ is the path to my temp folder and XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX is some seemingly random number.

The contents of that .vbs file is:

Set objShell = CreateObject("Shell.Application")

Set objWshShell = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")

Set objWshProcessEnv = objWshShell.Environment("PROCESS")

strArguments = objWshProcessEnv("ELEVATE_ARGUMENTS")

strApplication = objWshProcessEnv("ELEVATE_APP")

objShell.ShellExecute strApplication, strArguments, "", "runas"

I started VI with admin rights and it didn't help.

Any ideas ?  I wanted to demo this to my CIO next week against our data warehouse.

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Looking at the how-to videos: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUp1yviu838&feature=player_detailpage#t=38s

Are you getting the installers from the download URL specified there?  Is it the Microsoft .msi which is actually erroring when unpacking/extracting the file?

Or when clicking to add the driver ClassPath (requiring a restart)?

I'm trying to understand where the VB script is being triggered.

Regards,

H

Former Member
0 Kudos

Its when adding to the classpath.  I don't get any errors from the MSI. 

Is it simply updating the classpath ?  Can I do that manually ?

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm going to try this myself now using VI SP05 on a Win7.1 64-bit O/S

Regards,
H

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tested this on SP05 and SP06 - no problems on my side.

the only stumbling point i can see is, make sure you download both files ( as detailed in the video )

sqljdbc_4.0.2206.100_enu.exe
sqljdbc_4.0.2206.100_enu.tar.gz

Let me know if you can proceed.

Regards,

H

Former Member
0 Kudos

What Java version are you running ?  I will try do this again and grab screenshots for you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I went through this carefully an still have the issue.  Note where I get the error, you get:

The Java box never comes up for me.  I will try re-install the latest 64 bit java and see if that helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Another update:  I tried to install the ocacle driver and got the same error, so its either a VI error or a windows error.  I'm running as administrator, so I don't know what could be causing this.

Leigh.

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

On a different machine today, but i think it was running 64-bit java 7.0.70 and 32-bit 1.6.0.33

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

I remember this step of the installer - after clicking yes, i seem to remember the installer was 'silent' i.e. there weren't any further UI steps... That step is when the installer is being invoked, so if it's failing there it must be windows user-rights permissions problem.

1. Perhaps you could try with a domain or network adminstrator profile to test again?
  2. Else, we could trace the VI client itself, using the native BO_trace.ini file under C:\Program Files\SAP Visual Intelligence\Desktop ( edit :    active = true; &  importance = xs; )
  3. Going deeper, ProcessMonitor / ProcessExplorer will help profile where the problem is.

regards,

H

Answers (0)