cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection fail with j2ee to SDM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have NW 2004 (dual stack) and I upgrading it with NW 7.3 though SUM tool SP05. In sum tool configuration phase JAVA...it ask for j2ee_admin password and SDM password. I don't have password of both. So I change j2ee_admin password of dialog user via sap*. And SDM password using following command:

sdm jstartup "sdmhome=F:\usr\sap\PI1\DVEBMGS00\SDM\program" "mode=standalone"

sdm changepassword "sdmhome=F:\usr\sap\PI1\DVEBMGS00\SDM\program"  "newpassword=XXXXXXX"

sdm jstartup "sdmhome=F:\usr\sap\PI1\DVEBMGS00\SDM\program" "mode=integrated"

I put these new password of j2ee_admin and SDM in configuration phase of sum tool and click next following error prompted:

Could not display dialog UserPasswords. Could not execute dialog UserPasswords. See previous messages. Error while trying to validate Administrator password. Possible reason: the J2EE engine is not started. Error while trying to get initial context. com.sap.engine.services.jndi.persistent.exceptions.NamingException: Exception while trying to get InitialContext. [Root exception is com.sap.engine.interfaces.cross.DestinationException: cannot establish connection with any of the available instances Nested exceptions are: com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.P4IOException: Cannot open connection on host: 10.10.xxx.xx and port: 50004 ] com.sap.engine.interfaces.cross.DestinationException: cannot establish connection with any of the available instances Nested exceptions are: com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.P4IOException: Cannot open connection on host: 10.10.xxx.xx and port: 50004

In log file F:\SUM\sdt\log\SUM\INPUT-USER-CREDENTIALS_01.LOG

<!--LOGHEADER[START]/-->

<!--HELP[Manual modification of the header may cause parsing problem!]/-->

<!--LOGGINGVERSION[2.0.7.1006]/-->

<!--NAME[F:\SUM\sdt\log\SUM\INPUT-USER-CREDENTIALS_01.LOG]/-->

<!--PATTERN[INPUT-USER-CREDENTIALS_01.LOG]/-->

<!--FORMATTER[com.sap.tc.logging.TraceFormatter(%d [%6s]: %m)]/-->

<!--ENCODING[UTF8]/-->

<!--LOGHEADER[END]/-->

Oct 18, 2012 1:21:17 AM [Info  ]: Dialog eliminator jeeAdminUserEliminator does not allow to omit dialog UserPasswords

Oct 18, 2012 1:21:17 AM [Info  ]: Dialog eliminator jeeAdminPassEliminator does not allow to omit dialog UserPasswords

Oct 18, 2012 1:21:17 AM [Info  ]: Dialog eliminator jeeSdmPassEliminator does not allow to omit dialog UserPasswords

Oct 18, 2012 1:21:53 AM [Info  ]: Validatable parameter J2EE/J2EEADMIN/PWD has been validated by validator RequiredFields.

Oct 18, 2012 1:21:53 AM [Info  ]: Validating password of JEE Engine User J2EE_ADMIN.

Oct 18, 2012 1:22:33 AM [Error ]: The following problem has occurred during step execution: com.sap.sdt.util.diag.DiagException: Could not display dialog UserPasswords.

Could not execute dialog UserPasswords. See previous messages.

Error while trying to validate Administrator password.

Possible reason: the J2EE engine is not started.

Error while trying to get initial context.

com.sap.engine.services.jndi.persistent.exceptions.NamingException: Exception while trying to get InitialContext. [Root exception is com.sap.engine.interfaces.cross.DestinationException: cannot establish connection with any of the available instances

Nested exceptions are:

com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.P4IOException: Cannot open connection on host: 10.10.xxx.xx and port: 50004

]

com.sap.engine.interfaces.cross.DestinationException: cannot establish connection with any of the available instances

Nested exceptions are:

com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.P4IOException: Cannot open connection on host: 10.10.xxx.xx and port: 50004

System details,

OS - Server 2003

DB - MS-SQL 2008 R2

Kindly help me to resolve this issue.

-----Devendra

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member192421
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Devendra,

You did this correct but I think you missed to startup the SDM server itself. Can you check if it is up and running?

Usual way is: Go to SDM directory, or you can set the path in command itself

1. stopserver

2. sdm jstartup "mode=standalone"

3. sdm changepassword "password=XXXXXXXXX"

4. sdm jstartup "mode=standalone"

5. startserver

Thanks,

Rajkumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Devendra

Did you have a look at SAP Notes:

1468002  RMI-P4 client can not connect to server through ssl

1471157  Deploy via SDM API using secure P4 connection

1313644  SDM deployment fails with "Cannot connect to Host:" error

I hope this helps.

Tapan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys

I am not sure if this issue was resolved. I have a similar situation now.

I am in the middle of Solution Manager 7.1 Patch update phase using SUM tool .

Using the latest SUM tool.

patch update fails at JAVA patch update phase

here are the details might help to understand

"

I installed solution manager 7.0 EHP1 .now I am aplying patches to the

system. ABAP patches are going fine.

I am getting error during JAVA Patch in phase when it tries to apply

SAPJTECHS13_0-10006659.SCA

--------------------------------------

"

Cannot login to the SAP J2EE Engine using user and password as provided

in the Filesystem Secure Store. Enter valid login information in the

Filesystem Secure Store using the SAP J2EE Engine Config Tool. For more

information, see SAP note 701654.

com.sap.sdm.serverext.servertype.inqmy.extern.DeployManagerAuthException

Wrapper: Wrong security credentials detected while trying to obtain

connection to the J2EE Engine.

(message ID:

com.sap.sdm.serverext.servertype.inqmy.extern.EngineCompOnlineDeployerIm

pl.checkLoginCredentials.DMAUTHEXC)

"

-----------------------------

I updated the password using SDM command line and config tool

Restarted complete SAP system but it doesn't start

Just to let you know ,

I am in the execution phase of the update. No ABAP is running. JAVA is

in SAFE mode.

1.  changed password using SDM method

2. Updated password using config tool .

3. Restarted complete SAP system

4. Java instance in SAFE mode as the SUM tool in Execution phase

5. Super Admin mode is activated in config tool i.e SAP* is the superuser

6. Config tool is in safe mode

7. SDM starts only with Integrated mode

8. When I repeat the step from SUM screen, it shuts down complete SAP and tries to start SDM in standalone mode where it tries to use JAVA super admin password and fails because of the above error

Question:

1. What is the alternate way to sync the password of SDM and J2EE (i.e SAP* at this point)

2. OR how can I force the SUM tool to start SDM in integrated mode

I have gone thru all command line sdm start up options , no use

Please let me know if any one has faced this issue and got out of it

Thanks a lot in advance

Thanks

Rabi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Resolved it by following note  1276366

As the server is running in a virtualhost environment , SDM is not able to use the virtual host to communicate. It needs the original host name

Hostname needs to be changed in All instance, start, default profiles and  SECURE_STORE in cofigtool

Thanks

Rabi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try to login to visual admin using j2ee_admin password and check whether it is working in visual admin or not. If it is working there than again type the same password in the secure area of config tool. Also check the user mentioned in secure area. I hope it will resolve your issue.

Thanks and Regards,

Vipin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Devendra,

As you changed the password for "administrator" user and SDM and restarted the SDM, but java engine also needed to be rebooted. The reason is that when java starts up, it will sync itself with secure store ( no need to manually update the secure store, this is not recommended).

Once you restart the system and everything is in sync, try proceeding with the upgrade. I am sure it will work if the error was only password related.

If it dont, post the error log file and i will help you out.

Regards,

Ashutosh Shukla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Devendra,

After changinf j2ee_admin passsword, one needs to make the password change in configtool secure store also.

It is hinting towards that.

Regards,

Vishal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Vishal,

I tried password change in configtool secure store of j2ee_admin. but still issue not resolve

Help me,