cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sap hana script error

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI All,

i am getting the following error when i am trying to activate my sql script.

Repository: Encountered an error in repository runtime extension;error preparing statement create procedure "_SYS_BIC"."iqm/SRINI_CALC_VIEW" (  out iqm_cateogry_sales "_SYS_BIC"."iqm/SRINI_CALC_VIEW/tabletype/iqm_cateogry_sales"  ) language SQLSCRIPT sql security definer reads sql data as n /********* Begin Procedure Script ************/ n BEGIN nnpo = CE_CALC_VIEW("_SYS_BIC"."iqm/IQM_ANALYTIC",["GP","SOLDFOR","CATEGORYNAME","MANUFACTURER"]);niqm_category_sales = select SUM(GP) AS GP,SUM(SOLDFOR) AS SOLDFOR,CATEGORYNAME,MANUFACTURER FROM :pontGROUP BY CATEGORYNAME,MANUFACTURER;n END; n /********* End Procedure Script ************/ for oid {tenant: , package: iqm, name: SRINI_CALC_VIEW, type: 2}

my query is

BEGIN

po = CE_CALC_VIEW("_SYS_BIC"."iqm/IQM_ANALYTIC",["GP","SOLDFOR","CATEGORYNAME","MANUFACTURER"]);

iqm_category_sales = select SUM(GP) AS GP,SUM(SOLDFOR) AS SOLDFOR,CATEGORYNAME,MANUFACTURER FROM :po

GROUP BY CATEGORYNAME,MANUFACTURER;

END;

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivasa,

Just looking at the name of your view - iqm/IQM_ANALYTIC, it appears that it is an analytic view. Is that right? If so, you should be using CE_OLAP_VIEW instead of CE_CALC_VIEW. The latter is only to be used with calculation views and former with analytic views.

Also, unrelated to the error you are getting - from a performance point of view SAP have adviced not to use a mix of CE functions and SQL within the same procedure/calc view. You have to either stick to CE functions (in your e.g. the second SQL could be replaced with a combination of CE_PROJECTION and CE_CALC i suppose) or do it all using SQL for better performance.

Thanks,

Anooj

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Anooj,

you are right is an analytic view.

if you dont mind can you give me a sample how can i achieve this please.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivasa,

Looking closer at your code, I see that you are using the select statement to just calculate the sum of the measures isn't it. In that case, you simply need the following as your code.

iqm_cateogry_sales = CE_OLAP_VIEW("_SYS_BIC"."iqm/IQM_ANALYTIC",["GP","SOLDFOR","CATEGORYNAME","MANUFACTURER"]);

I have just replaced CE_CALC_VIEW to CE_OLAP_VIEW. If GP and SOLDFOR have been defined as measures in your analytic view, CE_OLAP_VIEW will automatically aggregate the measures and add the group by clause for the dimensions you have selected. Hence, you don't need your second select statement at all.

Thanks,

Anooj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for your help Anooj.

sorry one last thing how do i call this procedure. i activated it did activated how do i execute it now in sql.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I thought what you created was a scripted calculation view. If so, you should be able to see it under Content-><your package>->Calculation Views. You can do a data preview on it to see the data.

If it was a stored procedure that you created, you call it from SQL like:

Call <procedure_name> (?);

Thanks,

Anooj

Former Member
0 Kudos

why do we get 2 result setout

one with fully result set and other one as 1 out(?).

what is the second result set.

thanks again for your help Anoop

Answers (0)