cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unterminated String Constant - JavaScript IE8 error on SAP NW Portal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

We are using SAP NW 7.02 SP6 portal and are having issues while running some of our webi reports. We get a "Unterminated String Constant" and "Object expected" error for some webi reports which cause them not to run on our consumer preproduction portal. We use IE8 and when I navigated to Tools - Developer options and tried to debug the Javascript error in IE8, it was pointing out that Line 283, Char 465 had the "Unterminated String Constant" error. [The same reports run fine on BO 4.0 Launchpad through which the portal gets the webi reports from]

When I examined the line, I found out that the line had a "double quotes" and a "single quotes" open but not terminated. I am not able to put the "double quotes" and the "single quote" properly in the place where they have to be put since I am not a JavaScript expert.

I am attaching the code which has this bug. Can you please let me know what and where should I include to resolve this issue?

Code: wr('<input type="hidden" name="BENCH_ERROR" value="Error Number :  - Error Description : FatalException occured. The cause was : com.crystaldecisions.enterprise.ocaframework.OCAFrameworkException$CommunicationError: Communication error occurred when trying to connect to server SIAOO1_4.WebIntelligenceProcessingServer4 (FWM 01009)

I have also attached the screenshot of the "Object expected" error where the error is in Line 292 Char 3. Please help me to resolve this as well.

This is an urgent issue and your help is much appreciated. Points will be awarded.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182521
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try like WriteBody( " ")

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Mani. But any idea why these JavaScript errors occur only for some reports occur in the run-time?. Nobody makes any changes to the JavaScript code, and I believe these are system generated scripts on the browser. We use IE8, and when I navigated to Tools - Developer tools in IE, and tried to debug the JavaScript code, it is not allowing me to debug it.

This issue is intermittent and happens only for a few reports. The same reports work without any JavaScript errors when tested at different times. The issue pops up again later. Any idea about the root cause of this issue?

Also, can you please tell me how to debug the JavaScript code in IE?

Thanks,

G