cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rfcexec.sec after 7.2 kernel upgrade

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,  we recently upgraded our kernel from 7.1 to 7.2 in our development system. Unfortunately, this has caused some griefs for our developers. They realize that all the programs that utilizes the RFC_REMOTE_PIPE rfc func. module is not working as it is returning a SYSTEM_ERROR exception all the time. They also realized by looking at the rfc trace file that is produced for every call that their failed calls did not pass the auth.check for rfcexec.

We look at the "permission file" rfcexec.sec and we notice the file format is totally different than 7.1's and it does not support wildcard. We are told that every O/S command that we would like to fire up from ABAP using the RFC_REMOTE_PIPE has to be listed per user per client in that file . THis is a huge deal and caught us off guard.

I was wondering if any one has had any experience in making this file work to allow users to call any O/S program without specifying one by one. I know it defeats the purpose of the permission file, but if you look at from the other side it is not practical and too cumbersome to specify every combination of OS command one by one per user and per client!!

Thanks in advance..

John

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello John,

Please refer

SAP Note 1636252 - Installing a 7.20 kernel in SAP Web AS 7.00/7.01/7.10/7.11, in case you have not refered the same.

Regards,

Vishal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for responding to my question.

Unfortunately I did not find any clues to my question in the note. Please read back my question if you would. I think you might not understand my question or you might get it wrong.

Thanks

John