cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WD4A unable to do portal navigation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created iviews in SAP Portal for some WD4A applications. In the portal i can launch these applications OK. I can also use the portal navigation test tool and by typing in the absolute URL and pressing navigate

it launches the Application fine.

However, if i put the following code into a button within a WD4A application and press it, it does nothing.

lr_compcontroller  = wd_this->get_componentcontroller_ctr( ).

l_api_component  = lr_compcontroller->wd_get_api( ).

l_portal_manager  = l_api_component->get_portal_manager( ).

l_portal_manager->NAVIGATE_ABSOLUTE(
      NAVIGATION_TARGET   =  lv_iview
      NAVIGATION_MODE     = IF_WD_PORTAL_INTEGRATION=>CO_SHOW_EXTERNAL   ).

lv_view is set to the PCD and this works fine in the portal navigation test tool.

Obvioulsy something is wrong, I've put an http sniffer on and there is nothing coming back from the server, so it appears that the event is being supressed or ignored.

Does anyone have any ideas? If not anyone know of any monitoring tools which will allow me to see what is happening to the portal event and see why it is being ignored?

Both application and portal are http and on the same server.

Thanks

Jason

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_szcs
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

for parameter NAVIGATION_TARGET you need to use the same value as for the portal URL parameter navigationTarget. For example, it would be ROLES://portal_content/your_path.

Best regards,

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the response.

I have used the portal URL and this works fine in the portal navigation test tool, but not from the WD4A application.

Using an HTTP sniffer the response coming back from the server contains the following:

<updates>

<delta-update windowid="sapwd_main_window">

<script-call><![CDATA[application.exec("setFocus",{});]]></script-call>

<script-call><![CDATA[application.exec("unlock",{});]]></script-call>

<script-call><![CDATA[application.exec("integrationNavigateAbsolute",{"navigationTarget":"ROLES://portal_content/OMS/Roles/OMS_Application/OMS_UK/OMS_Application","navigationMode":"0","windowFeatures":"","windowName":"","historyMode":"1","targetTitle":"","contextUrl":"","postBody":"","controlId":"IHUB_NAVIGATION","pluginId":"integration","windowId":"sapwd_main_window"});]]></script-call>

<script-call><![CDATA[application.exec("integrationAdjustHeight",{"pluginId":"integration"});]]></script-call>

<initialize-ids><![CDATA[<span id="UCF_InitializeIDs" style="display:none">[]</span>]]></initialize-ids>

</delta-update>

</updates>

The browser does nowthing with this, any ideas?

thomas_szcs
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

some questions...

- Does the URL work outside the portal navigation test tool, e.g. when adding ?navigationTarget=<your url> to the portal url?

- Have you tried mode internal (instead of external). Probably, a new browser window cannot be opened for some reason

Hope, this helps...

Best regards,

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

If I add the url to the portal url, it does not work, it simply loads the main home page. Should this work though?

I have tried different modes, none seem to work.

Thanks for the ideas though 😞

Kind Regards

Jason

thomas_szcs
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

yes, adding it to the portal URL has to work as a prerequisite. More information can be found here in SDN at http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/EP/Absolute+navigation+on+Enterprise+Portal

Hope, the information there will help you.

Best regards,

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

The portal URL does now work, it just needed to have the navigationcontext qualified as well.

However, still no luck in getting the WD4A app working. It still returns the same <update> message as above.

Thanks for your help.

Jason

Former Member
0 Kudos

This has been resolved.

I found that navigation worked in FireFox but not in IE8

The issue was that the portal was configured as a trusted site, but the WD4A wasn't. Therefore the cross client communication was prevented due to security issues. By moving both into trusted sites, the cross client communication now works.

Answers (0)