SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Retail: factory calendar transfer to SAP F&Rbe

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI!

does anyone know what the issue could be:

In sap retails the calendar is maintained and assigned to plants.

initial data trasfer is done b\w SAP F&R and SAP retail.

FRE20 - factory calendar transfer is executed.

still in SAP F&R there's no certain calendar ID (spro-F&R - MD-maintain calendar), it's missing in the list of available calendars.

What is the correct process for calendar transfer\what the issue could be?

Many thanks in advance,

Regards,

Alexander.

3 REPLIES 3

Tobias_König
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

even if I am no F&R Expert, I doubt, that customizing settings for calenders will be transfered with FRE20.

I think, customizing of calenders has to be done in ERP & F&R separately. If you want to do the settings just in one system, you could use customizing syncronisation via Solution Manager to meet the requirement.

Regards

Tobias

0 Kudos

Hi Tobias,

thanks for reply!

Actually my understanding is that ERP calendar should 1) trasfered in total (incl.customizing) 2) should be updated via batch job in F&R...

at least that works like this for APO as far as I know:

"calendars can be copied from R/3 to SCM using program RSIMPCUST in the SCM side.  Here, the entire factory calendar database is transferred from R/3 to SCM.

Once the factory calendars are synched, you can then create or rebuild a time stream that refers to a factory calendar. Transaction /SAPAPO/CALENDAR."

do you think the same process is workable for F&R?

thanks and reagrds,

Alex.

0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

the factory calendars themselves are stored in customizing in ERP Retail and in SCM. They have to be kept in sync. There is no transport request that can solve this issue. But the transfer can be done via Solution Manager.

The assignments of the factory calendars to sites or vendors are tranferred via the location interface from ERP Retail to F&R (using program FRE_DELTA_LOAD or transaction FRE02). The transferred data is stored in interface tables for locations (mainly /FRE/BIF_LOC). There, the calendar ID is stored in the 3 fields GI calendar, GR calendar and order calendar for stores and DC's (Same ID for all 3 fields). For external vendors only the GI calendar is adressed, GR calendar and order calendar stay empty since they don't control anything in F&R. When booking the interface records into database tables by program /FRE/BIF_INB01 (or transaction /FRE/BIF), the booking logic checks, if there is a logistic calendar available that has the same ID like the factory calendar. If it is not available it automatically creates a logistic calendar out of the factory calendar information from F&R. The logistic calendar ID is equal to the factory calendar ID (but both are different objects).

Does your system work like it described above?

Kind regards,

Rainer